“Don't make the same mistake we made. Go anywhere else!!!!”

LEGOLAND California
Ranked #3 of 64 things to do in Carlsbad
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: LEGOLAND® California Resort has more than 60 rides, shows and attractions including the new LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens Miniland Model Display opening March with a 16-foot long Finalizer model made completely out of LEGO bricks plus six more scenes! Conquer dragons, battle pirates and discover ancient treasures at the Resort, also home to LEGOLAND Water Park, SEA LIFE® Aquarium; and NEW for Summer enjoy Surfers’ Cove – a water park expansion featuring racer-water slides. There’s so much to do, you’ll want to spend the night at LEGOLAND Hotel featuring new LEGO NINJAGO themed rooms.
Penticton,b.c.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't make the same mistake we made. Go anywhere else!!!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My wife and I made a special trip to LEGOLAND with my daughter and our 8 year old grandson. We were staying in Anaheim so we arranged a bus tour to take us there for a wonderful day at LEGOLAND. After paying 302.00 for the four of us to enter we were informed by a not so friendly young man that most of the park was not open. There was two rides that my grandson went on and he wasn't very impressed as they were more suited to three year olds. He finally got excited when he saw the mini golf course. They wanted 5 dollars a person to play though so we figured this was a bit of a rip off after we already paid far too much to get in. We wondered around looking at already finished lego towns and figures that should be in a museum and not in an amusement park. We would have left the park after being there for an hour if we had brought our own vehicle but we were stuck there for the day. I was so mad that I decided to wait till we got home and contact them with all my concerns as I didn't want to lose my temper at the park. In hindsight I should have gone in and demanded my money back and sat in the parking lot as my grandson would have had just as much fun. I did contact the park when I got home and the representative said she was sorry to hear that I wasn't happy and she wanted me to call her. They don't have a toll free number so long distance was needed, so another expense on my part. Please do yourself a big favour and read all the comments on this park as the negative comments weren't wrong. This park is definitely not worth the money they charge and customer service is just following the corporate line and doesn't really care if you are happy or not.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Ron N
Cheryl L, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND California, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
We here in the Park’s Management Team are very concerned to discover that your visit left you feeling disappointed. It is also disheartening to know that after speaking with a member of the Guest Experience Team by email and phone, that you did not find resolution to your complaint. While we understand that every Guest is different and that no two people will have the same experience, we certainly always welcome the opportunity to hear from our Guests and see if we can make changes to improve their particular experience. For that reason, if you would still like to reach out to us, feel free to write in with your phone number, so that we can contact you directly.

• Arabic first
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Aquarium”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A great way to keep three young grandsons entertained for a couple of hours. Exhibits are well layed out and information on them is great. Kids enjoyed answering questions throughout the displays.

Visited November 2013
Alan P., we are happy that you and your grandsons enjoyed our Park and we thank you for sharing your experience with us. Thank you and we hope you can visit again soon and see what else LEGOLAND California has to offer!
Phoenix, Arizona
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fun for the whole family”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We love Legoland and come back every year. Their rides are fun for little and bigger kids. We usually go on a weekday so it is less crowded. Normally the lines for rides are pretty short and the kids love to ride their favorites over and over again. We always get a driver's license with their picture on it as a fun souvenir. They often have specials where you can buy one day and get the second day free or a free children's ticket with an adult ticket, you just have to look for them. Highly recommend for families.

Visited March 2013
We would like to thank you and your family members for being such loyal guests and are so pleased to know that you enjoy each experience with us! We love that you get the driver’s license photos taken each visit and are excited to have you back in the near future! Thank you again for sharing with us and we hope you have a great day!
Toronto, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great place for young kids”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Amazing park, a lot to do for the young kids, lots of fun. But I can't believe that in dec they close 2 days per week. I don't expect a theme park close for tourist. I never see Disneylamd close....???

Visited December 2013
Thank you for your comments. When children are in school, research has shown that Park attendance can be lower and therefore we take the opportunity to use those days to maintain and improve areas of our Park for our Guests' enjoyment. We do, however, apologize for any disappointment that this may cause. Please visit our website for up to date information on our Operating Days and Hours. We look forward to having you visit with us soon.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome place with some great rides...staff is so nice and courteous”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This place ROCKS!! My daughter was chosen to light the tree last night..:)
They sent us tickets and a parking pass!! Everyone there was so nice! The rides were cool! My daughter absolutely LOVES the technic coaster! She thought it was going to be scary...after one time she wanted to go on it over and over lol!

Visited December 2013
Cheryl L, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND California, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
We are so glad that you and your daughter both had such a wonderful time at LEGOLAND, Kms2174! Lighting the Christmas tree is definitely a special treat and we’re pleased your daughter loved it so much! We hope you can come back and visit again very soon, and ride the LEGO TECHNIC Coaster! Have a wonderful day.