“awesome park!”

Ranked #3 of 61 things to do in Carlsbad
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: LEGOLAND® California Resort has more than 60 rides, shows and attractions including the new LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens Miniland Model Display opening March with a 16-foot long Finalizer model made completely out of LEGO bricks plus six more scenes! Conquer dragons, battle pirates and discover ancient treasures at the Resort, also home to LEGOLAND Water Park, SEA LIFE® Aquarium; and NEW for Summer enjoy Surfers’ Cove – a water park expansion featuring racer-water slides. There’s so much to do, you’ll want to spend the night at LEGOLAND Hotel featuring new LEGO NINJAGO themed rooms.
manila
“awesome park!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

the legoland was awesome!can you just imagined how long it took them to build those legos!wow!i would really love to coe back to this place...

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Fremont, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best amusement park for kids under 10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

This park is less crowded and more fun for younger kids. Many of the lines have Lego play areas for the kids while the parents wait. My son loved the Xbox Lego gaming room and my daughter liked the minature Legoscapes. Make time to take them to the giant playground. It's a great way to tire them out before heading out of the park.

Visited April 2012
SURREY HILLS
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great for Boys under 10”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was our second visit with our now 8 year old son and this is probably around the age when the boys out grow the park/rides - especially if they like the 'big' disney style ride. We went on a Friday and Sunday and the Friday was very quiet with very short waits for rides, the Sunday was much much busier. Parking is easy ($12) and there is a drop off zone if you don't want to park. Park is looking a little 'tired', this is more obvious in the 'mini-land' where the models could do with a little clean and perhaps a paint touch up. Had a nice american style meal at the 'sports' style restaurant and for what you get reasonable value for money given it is inside the park. The 'Big Shop' is always a hit and some things are not available in your standard Lego shop. Received the second day free and was a bonus for my son and if our first day had have been busy with long wait times, would have been necessary given the reduced 'winter' operating hours.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank roko_me
Alameda, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Go during non-peak winter months”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have been taking annual Decemeber SOCAL trips to Disneyland and Legoland. In 2011 we did two weekdays at Legoland and it wasn't really crowded but definitely there were lines. This past December 2012, I took my son two days to Legoland and was in complete shock. There was no one there. really. On some of the popular rides for smaller kids (lego cars, airplane, etc.) my son just stayed on the ride because there was no line at all. In some of the popular rides I could see the ride operator starting down at the ground in booth. We arrived 30 mins after opening and it was slow but I thought it would pick up. By 1:30 p.m. the place looked really dead and I felt bad. Now I understanding why during non peak months the place is open 10-5 p.m. We had a great time of unlimited rides without my son ever getting off :) It was a great change vs hectic Disneyland.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank joshalee
Butte
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun Family Place to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I wish we would have taken our kids sooner! They are 8 and 10 and really into legos. They loved it but I think they were a little older than most and the rides are geared toward younger kids we thought - BUT we all loved it and had a great time even though it POURED rain the whole day we were there - we didn't care - park wasn't busy and kids got to ride on rides SEVERAL times without getting off! Fun family place to go!

Visited January 2013