“LegoLand Rocks!”

Ranked #3 of 65 things to do in Carlsbad
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: LEGOLAND® California Resort has more than 60 rides, shows and attractions including the new LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens Miniland Model Display opening March with a 16-foot long Finalizer model made completely out of LEGO bricks plus six more scenes! Conquer dragons, battle pirates and discover ancient treasures at the Resort, also home to LEGOLAND Water Park, SEA LIFE® Aquarium; and NEW for Summer enjoy Surfers’ Cove – a water park expansion featuring racer-water slides. There’s so much to do, you’ll want to spend the night at LEGOLAND Hotel featuring new LEGO NINJAGO themed rooms.
Yelm, Washington
“LegoLand Rocks!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I took the 4 kids, first time, on the way to Baja this month, lots to do, not enough time. The park is open 10-6 this time of year, wait until they increase before you go. Amazing creations, full cities, and a waterpark to enjoy

• Arabic first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun day at Legoland”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I took my children and grandchildren(11 in all) to Legoland for just an amazing day of fun and excitement. Start early by going to the Sealife part at 9 A.M. You then transition directly into Legoland at 10 when the park opens. The water park is a wonderful addition for a nice warm day. My age group was from 8 weeks to 76 years. This park is for everyone!

1 Thank ccht
Beaverton, Oregon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Takes at least a full day and maybe two...even in April”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

When the park closes at 6pm, like it does in mid-April, you are not going to have time to do very much. I thought crowds would be small in mid-April, but I was wrong. Long lines to get tickets, for rides, and food. I wanted to get my 12 yr old there before he was too old to enjoy it. He loved it when he was 6 yrs old. It was a good thing that he only wanted to do a handful of rides, because we didn't have time to do anything more. It was too cold to do the water park even though we had passes, and we didn't have time to do the Sea Life Aquarium.

If you have young kids, start to your left toward Dino Island when you enter the park. If you have older kids go to the right toward Land of Adventure and Castle Hill toward the roller coasters.

The Lego Technic Coaster is really fun and has a great drop. It was my son's favorite and was worth the wait. The Dragon coaster was my favorite. You go through a neat indoor display area first while you are on the coaster and then you go fast outdoors. It is really smooth and no big drops. Just fun. My 70 yr old Dad could have enjoyed The Dragon with us if we had known what to expect.

The Star Wars display was really cool in Miniland. That is a must see for Lego Star Wars fans. They are redoing some of the other Miniland lands (like New Orleans) which is good because they are getting really faded and tired. We still love them though. It is just really fun and I love the park like setting.

We had really good ribs and chicken at the Knight's Table BBQ. It is cafeteria style with outdoor seating. It was expensive but it was also a full meal and was delicious. My 12 yr old son and I split the feast with BBQ chicken and ribs. My Dad got a 1/4 chicken and said the white meat he got wasn't as flavorful as the dark meat I got on the feast plate.

We tried the Granny's Apple fries and everyone liked them, but they were messy because of the whipped vanilla cream topping. I can't imagine trying to manage the mess with small children.

We had a coupon in a Club Lego magazine for free child entry with paid Adult entry... but you have to either buy the Park & Water Park or the Park & Sea Life Aquarium. If you want to do less or more that isn't the deal. I think there are too many combinations of park tickets being offered because we spent a least an hour waiting outside the park in a very slow line for tickets just to get in. I think people are having to make decisions they don't expect to have to make once they get up there... making it take a lot longer than it should to buy your admission tickets. My husband was also really annoyed that once you get in there are attractions that you have to pay to do... like it was extra $ to rock climb a palm tree. There were other "extra" as well, so be warned and warn kids ahead of time that there may be things you just aren't going to pay for.

There is a flume ride in Pirate shores that was already on the park map with a "New" star by it that we were excited about riding that turned out to be still under construction.... just dirt and steel support beams. That was disappointing.

We waited for a while in a really long line for the Pharaoh's Revenge ride and then bailed out and waiting in a long line for lunch at 1:30 instead. We came back to the Pharaoh ride closer to park closing and the line was half as long. It was still painfully slow with a continually repeating message that was so annoying it ended up being funny because we were all mocking it after 20+ minutes. The ride is basically a laser gun point and shoot game. It is similar to Buzz Lightyear at Disney. I don't know that it was worth the wait if it would mean missing other attractions

We ended up just walking through most of the right side of the park... strolling down memory lane from when we were there when our son was 6 yrs old. He did a couple attractions and we saw the newer water park and then it was time for the park to close. I heard a number of parents expressing my feelings that the park really needed to stay open until 8:00pm. Someone even suggested we "Occupy Legoland" :)

I think that this will probably be our last vacation to Legoland until we have grandchildren :( Even though my son is a huge Lego fan, he is just starting to get too old at 12-1/2 to enjoy enough of the park for the $ without a younger sibling. I asked him if he feels like he is getting to old to enjoy it and his response, in classic pre-teen style, was, "I don't know."

1 Thank Trish246
California
5 attraction reviews
“Fun Fun Fun”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Be ready to weather all storms:) Heat, fog, rain you never know
but you'll have fun fun fun:) Great place for the kids 3.5ft to the age of 11 or the kid that is still inside you;)

Visited May 2011
Denmark
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Not like the original in Denmark”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

To tell you the truth, we grown-ups were a little bit disapointed.
The entrance is way to expensive when you look at the attractions compared to i.e. Disneyland in Anaheim.
Some of the attractions seemed a bit worn down and was not in the state I would expect for a place like Legoland.

Come to Billund in Denmark instead.