“Yummy food and good service!”
Review of King's Fish House

King's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
King's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 365 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We've eaten here a few times and it has been great everytime! The food is amazing and its nice to eat al fresco on the patio and have a view of the Carlsbad Premium Outlet Mall. Its a very good restaurant and they've been very welcoming every time we've visited.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I went here for lunch today with a group of coworkers. I love seafood so I was really looking forward to a good meal. The service here was great. We called ahead for a table for 7 and we were seated right away. Our server was friendly and helpful with the items on the menu.

We ordered the calamari and the crab cakes for an appetizer. The calamari was good but it wasn't the best I've had. It was a little overcooked, almost chewy. The tartar sauce was on point and the cocktail sauce had a good amount of kick. The crab cakes had a fishy flavor, not a crab flavor. The texture was a little too soggy. It was full of crab though.

For my meal, I ordered the King's Combo Platter. They brought out everyone's meal all at once and I think my meal was one of the first ones made because everything on my plate was lukewarm. The fries were cool to the touch and not crispy. The combo came with a large piece of cod, 3 sea scallops and 2 butterflied shrimp. If it came out fresh, it would have been really tasty.

Everyone at the table seemed to enjoy their meals and liked the portions. They serve warm sourdough bread while you're waiting for your food. Warm bread is always a win in my book.

Overall, I'd try this place again. Maybe the quality of food would improve with a smaller crowd.

1  Thank lindagn1
Reviewed December 16, 2013

For what it proposes to be, an up-scale, chain seafood restaurant, King's does an outstanding job. Is it among the best seafood restaurants I have ever eaten in? No. But, it does provide extraordinary value: excellent food at reasonable prices. The macadamia nut crusted halibut was wonderful, and the grilled scallops and shrimp dish was extremely enjoyable. The rosemary potato and spinach side dishes were freshly prepared and very good. The wait staff seemed engaged, very friendly without being in your face and unusually knowledgable. The only negative we could point to was that the house chardonnay was rather sweet.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Honestly this place is better than average. There are a number of these restaurants along the California coast. All are identical in appearance with identical menus. The food is OK for what is essentially a corporate restaurant-not bad but not exceptional either. Service is pleasant and friendly, but it seemed like it took a long time for food to show up. Prices are a little high given the quality-portions are on the smallish side. My wife likes this place better than I do, which is how we ended up eating here.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were visiting the area and this place was recommended for seafood. Yes, they had an awesome looking fresh seafood counter, but the restaurant was not he greatest experience. It's definitely a family restaurant and we didn't know that. Loud and uncontrollable kids, plastic checkered table cloths....just not our style. The fish chowder was really good and my husband had a K-bob that certainly wasn't bad. Fun specialty drink menu.

Been to King's Fish House? Share your experiences!