“Needs a lunch menu with lunch-sized portions and prices!”
Review of Trattoria Positano

Trattoria Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Diego
“Needs a lunch menu with lunch-sized portions and prices!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Firstly, Tripadvisor categorises the restaurant as Mexican when it is most certainly Italian!

The food is excellent and decor very quaint, but the restaurant was empty at lunch time, with only two other tables occupied.

One problem could be the prices!

I don't mind paying $20 for a bowl of pasta in the evening but it is a little extortionate for lunch - with the bill coming to over $40 for two of us, with no drinks or starters.

They had a specials sheet, but this just comprised regular sized portions and prices.

Shame.

• Visited January 2013

Crown Point, Indiana
“Taste of Italy in Cardiff”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We just returned from our visit to San Diego. We were anxious to try this restaurant since we are always visiting family in Cardiff and never get the chance to explore different places to eat. Loved the atmosphere and the decor in the restaurant. The food was good, but we found it to be unfriendly and it wasn't even crowded. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a good Italian meal.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank jmarie1155
San Diego, California
“Quaint trattoria with fantastic food”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We LOVE this trattoria. It's authentic and the family is very nice. The food has always been perfect.

My husband and I go to Italy almost every year, and this is one of the few places we go in north San Diego when we want great Italian food.

The location is enjoyable, across the road from the beach, and we love to watch sunsets there too.

We have brought several couples with us, and recently I did for a "girls night out". Everyone has loved this quint restaurant. I imagine some people might bring children, but I think it's better for just adults.

Parking is a little difficult, mostly we go around the corner and leave our car on the side street.

I just wish I lived a little closer so we could go more often. (We are about 35 minutes away).

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank USANancyS
PA
“Authentic Italian with a family ambience”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We liked everything about this place. Calimari and eggplant appetizers were top notch. My veal New York was exceptional. Nice wine selection by the glass or bottle.

• Visited January 2012
Encinitas, California
“How much is?”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have only been to the place twice. The first time we ate dinner at the bar. The food was good the service was good so we decided to bring the teens and return.
OMG...so we ordered a bottle of wine and they didn't have it. Hey thats ok it happens. The owner showed us another bottle and said it id comprable. Well the taste was but the price was double! Are you kidding me? I don't care how great the food taste I won't return. They SHOULD have told us it would be so much more.

Visited April 2011