“Yummy, healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner!”
Review of Ki's Restaurant

Ki's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ki's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Chesterfield
Description: It is our goal to maintain a quality, customer-focused business by serving great tasting, nutritious food in a fun and friendly way. Every customer is special at Ki's. We have counter service dining for breakfast and lunch and at 4:30, we up the anti by having full service dining for Happy Hour and Dinner. Ocean View included in all dining experiences. Watch the surfers and the waves while enjoying a relaxed meal. It couldn't get any better.
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
“Yummy, healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Killer views, attentive (but not annoying) staff and all three meals of the day are DEEELISH! Not to mention, the food is very healthy.

For breakfast and lunch, order at the counter downstairs, then, go find a table upstairs with a perfect view of Cardiff beach. For dinner, the restaurant becomes sit down style with more service and "finer" meal choices.

I always take out-of-towners here and they are ALWAYS happy!

Highly recommend their smoothies, wraps and sandwiches. For dinner, any fish dish is AMAZING!

• Visited August 2012

San Diego
“Three is for the view”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Ki's was a favorite in the area. Especially good for health-conscious foods, great for vegetarians. The menu is still creative, and the food reasonably tasty, if a bit pricey.
For the view alone, I'm willing to overlook price and splurge on some good wine. One recent afternoon I ordered a glass of white wine with a meal. A waitress set the wine before me and left. When I picked up the wine glass, put it to my mouth, I was shocked to see the bowl of the glass caked with what looked like blood! Scared me at first. Of course I realized it was the sediment of dark red wine from the previous owner of the glass! The waitress didn't seem too surprised; she took the glass and promptly returned my glass of white wine in the same glass, which was wet and dripping with water! Could they not provide a new clean, dry glass? An apology? The bill offered no compensation for the huge "Yuck".

C'mon people. Be nice to customers. Even if it's just for the tip!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Quewhat
Oceanside, California
“Not really what I expected”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We live locally and I had never been to this restaurant. Tonite was my birthday and I went for a week nite dinner with my husband and son. The view was lovely - no problem there. The problem for me began when it took a long time for us to get a drink. Drink in hand, we ordered. I am a vegan and ordered a modified Seafood Coconut Curry that i was told could me made with Tempeh instead. Ok - great! The cost for the dish with seafood (shrimp, salmon & ahi) was $20. Other vege dishes on the menu were quite a bit less so I made the mistake of not asking if this dish would cost $20 w/o seafood. Fast forward to dessert, we ordered a piece of cake assuming that it would be on the house. While I sat down, I made mention of the fact that it was my birthday. Bill arrived -- Cake was on the bill as was a $20 charge for a vegetarian dish!! My husband ordered Mahi Mahi for $19! I mentioned my two issues and was told that I would have to show my license to get the cake taken off the bill and that yes, there was no price decease for the vegetarian version of the meal!? Wow...! Let me say that I try my best to only post positive reviews for establishments. Tonite I had to break that rule.

• Visited June 2012
San Diego, California
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I found this restaurateur much better than I expected. The menu was just different enough to be interesting and just familiar enough to feel safe. The food was excellent. The four of us all ordered something different and we all were very satisfied with our meals. The service was casual but good. The atmosphere was beachy and comfortable. There are stairs to climb to get to the dining floor and I did not see an elevator but there might be one.

The dining area is a huge screened in patio. I don't know what they do in the winter. Lots of fresh air and the smell of the ocean. We were there with friends we had not seen in some time so we wanted to talk. The table for four was square and smallish so we were able to hear each other quite well. I was so busy talking I didn't notice the view. The restaurant is very near the ocean so there may be one but I wasn't paying attention. Perhaps someone could comment on that.

They do have a bar as well as wines.

• Visited May 2012
Eagle, Idaho
“Sweet Location; great food to match”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Our hosts took us here for lunch. Wow, what a great spot. We ate upstairs and had a wonderful view of the ocean. The food was good. Creative fare with California flare, as you would expect. And very affordable. Most restaurants with a view like this are very expensive, but not this place.

• Visited April 2012