“A great place for a casual, fine dinner”

Cicciotti's Trattoria Italiana
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Giorgio's Ristorante and Pizzeria was formerly the Vigilucci's Pizzeria.
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We keep coming back to Cicciotti's because frankly it is the best place on the coast for a fiancé, casual dinner a block from the beach. From the front dining room you can watch the sunset, in the bar area they have great live music on the weekends. Food is excellent, and service attentive.The location is small so when slammed it can be a little noisy, but on nice evenings bring a jacket and get a table out front under the heaters to enjoy the best of what SoCal has to offer, great weather and stunning sunsets

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We were really looking forward to trying this Italian restaurant out but came away dissapointed. Food was just OK and the prices were a bit on the high side. The atmosphere was not too impressive. The is likely better choices in the area.

2  Thank spartan77
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We found the food tasty and the atmosphere was bustling in an old beach house turned trattoria.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

I came here last night with my wife for "date night". We have passed by this restaurant many times but never came in but we decided to try it. We had reservations for 8 PM and it was quite busy when we arrived.

When we called to make reservations they asked us if we wanted to be seated in the room "with music" or "without". I chose without and glad I did. They have two areas, one with live music. The part with live music was very busy and I imagine noisy. The other dining area was quite cozy. Not too big but it was comfortable although some of the tables are very close together but we didn't mind.

Our waiter was quite attentive. We got some appetizers which were very good. I got the Spaghetti Carbonara which I really enjoyed. My wife had one of the daily specials which was the Salmon stuffed with crabmeat and Lobster sauce which she also enjoyed.

They had tables outside with a fire pit and heating lamps but it was chilly out last night and obviously no one was out there.

We saw signs that they have homemade pizza as well which we'll try out. Their fresh bread they served was warm and tasted freshly made. Our server, Osman was very attentive. When he noticed a small chip in one of the plates, he insisted in getting a new one. I told him it was ok but this just showed me they really do care about quality customer service.

We thought the prices were quite reasonable and I would gladly recommend this restaurant and will come back again.

1  Thank saintba
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My bf and I went here after purchasing the groupon and were very impressed! We came late (I guess right before their closing time), and they were still very accommodating (even though we were the only ones there). Our server seemed to have just come over from Italy, and was very attentive, helpful, etc. The food was AMAZING. I ordered the gnocchi, and we also got the antipasto appetizer. The house white zin was perfect to accompany the food. Although a bit pricey without the groupon, I do hope to come back!! It also has a beautiful ocean view! Good date spot as well ;)

1  Thank septemberwahine