“Great place! Excellent staff! Loved my stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area
“Great place! Excellent staff! Loved my stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Everything was excellent from the moment I arrived. The front desk attendant was extraordinarily nice. The room I got was fantastic - clean, spacious, and quiet. I absolutely loved my stay and would gladly return!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank kuwalker
Andrew N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I am so happy you had a wonderful stay with us. It is so great to see that from the moment you checked-in to the moment you checked-out everything was fantastic. Our staff will very much enjoy receiving your wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Sincerely, Andrew Nintzel, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I usually stay at Hiltons, but this time I needed reasonable priced one nighter. I am very satisfied with the service from the moment I walked in to my check out. The people here are great. They even pointed me to a little taco shop a walk away...excellent food by the way. the room layout and feel is excellent. Very spacious rooms, very clean and new. Very quiet building, very little road sound. The beds were a pleasure to sleep on. And the internet speed was very good. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.. I picked up this room on priceline for a reduced rate and I was very happy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Jawmag
Andrew N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
We very much appreciate you staying with us during your trip to Encinitas. We know that with the multiple choices travelers have, it is very important to meet your needs the first time around. I am very happy the room met your standards and that we were able to offer a comfortable night's sleep for a good price. We look forward to seeing you soon! Sincerely, Andrew NIntzel, GM
Whittier, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We wanted to get away for the night and not spend an arm and a leg. Found this reasonable hotel online. Upon arrival, we were so impressed! Hotel staff very nice. Gave us tips on where to eat (yummy fish tacos!) Room was roomy and clean. Easy fwy access to many great casinos. Breakfast was delicious (and included) We will definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 287Ruth_L287
It is so nice to know that we made an excellent impression on you from the moment you arrived. Thank you for complimenting our breakfast. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come down from LA. Sincerely, Andrew Nintzel, GM
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is very clean, very well located to the beach in the beach community of Cardiff by the sea, and we really were thankful that the staff helped us print our boarding pass for our flight back to Albuquerque. Our room was very nice, and the housekeeping staff was very friendly, especially when we asked her if she could clean our room several hours after we left the hotel. This hotel must have the right management because we have stayed at other hotels in the past and haven't received this sort of service before. We hope to be back soon.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Elizabeth M
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful; gave us directions to the nearest beaches and provided towels when we returned. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub and complimentary breakfast (more fresh fruit would be a great addition :) We are always treated with kindness and respect at the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank j2jchan
Upstate, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I stay frequently at holiday inn expresses for work and figured I would use the Cardiff based one while working in the area. Upon arrival, the lobby looks nice and the staff was friendly. The rooms are a different story. The door is old and dingy with chipped paint and dings all over it. The room is dark and not well kept. It just felt dirty. The bathroom was terrible. There were visible dark hairs on the bathroom floor, the towels were old and crisp. The bath tub was old with peeling slip guard strips, a drain that was sticking half out with what looked like mold around it. The water shot out in what I'm assuming was a massage style- it was shooting out pumps of water. Overall it was really gross. I considered wearing flip flops in the shower but decided to not get them wet so I could wear them around the room and not have to step on the carpet.
We checked in late at night so we couldn't leave- we definitely checked out early and canceled our reservation for that night. *** the manager on site was very, very nice and accommodating. The lady at the front desk first told us she would have to charge us because house cleaning had left for the day (while she told us this the house keepers were passing by to clean our halls rooms) even though we are priority members with them. The manager happened to stop by while we were speaking with her and he said it was no problem at all. I really appreciate him working with us and accomodating our needs. He is a class act. Thank you!!

As we were packing our bags to leave I noticed a very large bug on the wall. My friend told me it was a cockroach. It was huge. Wish I took a picture but was so skeeved out and wanted to get out.

Moral of the story. Don't stay here. Do yourself a favor and book at Hotel Indigo in Del Mar. It is a hotel in the Holiday Inn chain, much nicer, and a much better location!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tronkr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Tronkr,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We needed a quick, easy, affordable stay in San Diego's North County. This hotel turned out to be a gem! Rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was wonderful--make sure to try the pancake machine. (Although I recommend the short drive to VG's donuts!) Hotel is very close to the freeway and not too far from the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway. Noise might be a problem.