“I Love This Place!”

Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area
Los Angeles, California
“I Love This Place!”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My favorite hotel in the area. We’ve stayed here five times in the last couple of years. Good location, set back off the freeway, one mile from the beach, one mile from Scripps Hospital, less than five miles from the Del Mar Fairgrounds. The service was excellent – desk staff was very kind, attentive, responsive to all of our needs and eager to accommodate. The rooms themselves were great – spacious, clean, well laid out, comfortable beds, recently remodeled and pleasantly decorated. A generous bathtub and big sink area, flat screen tv, coffee pot, mini-fridge, blow dryer, wonderful free breakfast buffet with nice selection (- including a pancake machine!), free internet in the lobby (one computer with printer) were all definite pluses. There was a gym, pool and jacuzzi (which we didn’t use) and a conference room. There are less expensive hotels in the area, but this hotel is a bargain and easily offers the best quality for the money. We will definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank ptitericaine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We took three amateur boxers from Las VEgas to a bout in Encinitas and headquartered in the Holiday Inn Express at nearby Cardiff By the Sea. It was an outstanding experience all the way around. Price was right, service was excellent, rooms were clean, roomy, and new. Athletes used the hot tub, the breakfast was better than any price included breakfast I've ever stayed in. We'll always go to this hotel when in the San Diego area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank TBird474
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stayed at the HIE Encinitas-Cardiff area for three nights. The room was wonderfully comfortable, and the bed was as good as our bed at home. Another plus was that the room was really quiet, good insulation in the walls I guess.Being vegans, we brought breakfast food and ate their cereal, but any mainstream eater would be satisfied. We used the treadmill (they have two of them) every day, as the area is a little too hilly for walking. We'd definitely stay at this reasonable hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the quiet (non-freeway) side.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank VeganChela
Oakland, CA
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The room here are very large. The wireless is not too dependable. It can be quite a walk from parking to your room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JustMyOpinon
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This hotel is in the great condition! The pool, especially, was very relaxing after a long day of work. My room seemed like it was a brand new room, with a very comfortable bed and it was easy to work at the desk when I had work to get done. The staff at this hotel is amazing, each time I wanted to go out to the pool with my other friends staying at the hotel, they were always prepared to give me a pool towel and wish me a wonderful day! The breakfast at this hotel is very filling, and the breakfast attendant was extremely attentive to what we wanted to eat. This hotel is very close to ocean, so it was nice to go down to Cardiff state beach with my buddies during the weekend. Stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank JhChoi89
Brentwood, California
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I recently stayed at this Hotel for a big CFA Cat Show that was at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. It took less than 5 min. to get to the Fairgrounds from Hotel. Lots of Restaurants close by, easy Freeway access. The Breakfast that was provided every morning was great, good food and a clean enviroment. All of the staff were very friendly and willing to do anything that was needed.
Had to get up early both mornings so went to bed early at night and was not a problem, this was a very quiet Hotel, the outside area seemed like a safe enviroment. Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank FELICIA W
Gwang Ju
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This hotel was able to meet all of my needs! The breakfast was fantastic and the service at the front desk was wonderful! I was attending classes at one of the local universities in the area, and everytime I needed help with the internet, the front desk was able to guide me through the steps. The room was clean, looked brand new, and the bed was very comfortable! Because I was traveling from a different country, it was nice to know that this hotel was so willing to take care of my needs. I hope to return again soon!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Mun-ku K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
Portofino Beach Inn
Portofino Beach Inn
#9 of 9 in Encinitas
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area? Share your experiences!