“Beautiful Spot to Watch the Sunset”
Review of Beach House - CLOSED

Beach House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 101
Description: A relaxing afternoon watching the surfers at Cardiff Reef or a romantic evening with the sun setting over the sea...the exciting new cuisine of recently-arrived acclaimed executive chef Michael Ingino...the value of our famed daily Happy Hour and nightly Sunset Specials...two heated outdoor patios so close to the sea you might just get splashed, al fresco dining at its finest...the energy and excitement of the Top of the House Grill, the comfort of our dining room...Lunch, Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, and Dinner...Cuisine, Service and Value to match the stunning views...The Beach House...Lobster, Fine Steaks, Fresh Fish...World Class Wines, cool Libations and Martinis...on the beach in Cardiff by the Sea, two miles north of the Del Mar racetrack.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Beautiful Spot to Watch the Sunset”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is great place to watch the sunset. Plenty of tables outside and they offered heaters while outside for the cooler weather. Delicious food! Must try the crab cakes and bisque!

Sterling, Virginia
“Great meal with beach view”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I met my niece here for dinner when I was visiting San Diego. We walked on the beach, then came here to eat. She had a Groupon, so we ordered from a fixed menu - I had the lobster - very, very good and she had the salmon, which she really enjoyed as well. We were there early on a Monday evening and had a table right at the window - fabulous way to view the sunset. There seemed to be a steady crowd in the upstairs bar, which I would like to try next time I visit. Service was great and I would return in a heartbeat.

Oceanside, CA
“By the Sea”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We try to take in The Beach House whenever we have guests or family visiting.
Great ambience, great service, great food. If you can book a reservation for sunset, it's awesome. You're right next to the ocean and with any clouds in the sky, sunsets are fabulous.
Their lobster bisque is the best I've tasted, comparing about 20 different restaurants.
Every other table has propane gas heaters to make the sometimes chilly breezes coming in off the ocean, a very comfortable evening out.
Highly recommend if you're visiting Northern San Diego - make this a "required" stop.
You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank blaki02
San Diego, CA
“Possibly the Best Beach View Restaurant on the Calif Coast”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

In addition to the view, the Happy Hour prices and menu are possibly the best in San Diego. We enjoyed delicious clam chowder, fish taco, margarita pizza, banana bread pudding, and four drinks for about fifty dollars including tax and tip. My wife and I love to eat/drink looking at the Pacific waves, and have tried beach-view restaurants from Puerto Vallarta to Seattle. With the possible exception of the Shack in Rosarita Beach, we think the Beach House Cardiff has the best view. We probably eat upstairs here a half dozen times a year, year after year.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A yearly favourite”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I have come here every October since 2000 to enjoy Sunday champagne brunch with our American friends. Ambience is great ,food pretty good, view just gorgeous. See you next Sunday !