“A yearly favourite”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 101
Description: A relaxing afternoon watching the surfers at Cardiff Reef or a romantic evening with the sun setting over the sea...the exciting new cuisine of recently-arrived acclaimed executive chef Michael Ingino...the value of our famed daily Happy Hour and nightly Sunset Specials...two heated outdoor patios so close to the sea you might just get splashed, al fresco dining at its finest...the energy and excitement of the Top of the House Grill, the comfort of our dining room...Lunch, Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, and Dinner...Cuisine, Service and Value to match the stunning views...The Beach House...Lobster, Fine Steaks, Fresh Fish...World Class Wines, cool Libations and Martinis...on the beach in Cardiff by the Sea, two miles north of the Del Mar racetrack.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I have come here every October since 2000 to enjoy Sunday champagne brunch with our American friends. Ambience is great ,food pretty good, view just gorgeous. See you next Sunday !

Reviewed October 2, 2013

went their with a groupon! have preset menu as noted! the quality food not bad! warm to room temp.. my cofee was hotter then the meal! beach front ...very good! the inside needs paint also it WAS PRETTY DARK COULDED SEE THE MEAL!... I'VE DONE pacific 333 in O'side prefixed menu and that show me quality and taste ..and. to come back.. .but the beach house did'nt show me anything close!

1  Thank Victor D
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We came here for brunch with San Diego friends who were hosting us. Nice brunch, but nothing special and a bit pricey for what we got. While they are "on the sea" unless you have window seats you might as well be anywhere. The food was well prepared, but if you weren't into eggs benedict the menu was a little sparse and the pancakes and waffles were definitely overpriced. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed it, but we have had better.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The ONLY good thing about this place is the view. EVERYTHING else is/was terrible! The service could NOT have been worse, both upstairs and downstairs. Waited and waited and waited and...Salmon was dry, and lobster was tough and chewy. This is our third visit. The first visit was good, and the last two...BAD! We will not be going back.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've passed by this place many many times but never eaten here. I've hit several places in Del Mar on the beach and the view is great. As well, here the view is INCREDIBLE. We couldn't get an outdoor table as they were all packed but we got a table right by the window so we got the full view.

I read with interest many of the negative reviews but honestly I found the food tasty here. These types of places usually only are around for their great view.

I do agree that the place could probably use some sprucing up a bit on the inside. It looks tired and the color scheme is very old fashioned. But the view is incredible!! So romantic. We went for 6:30 PM dinner and the sun was setting around 7 PM and it was gorgeous watching the sun set.

Our server was also friendly. And I thought the food was good. We had the Clam Chowder and Lobster Bisque soup to start and both were really good. We both got the Salmon and it had a yummy soy glaze sauce on it with crunchy noodles that were good.

We both got a dessert. I got the cheesecake with fresh berries and my wife got the Tiramisu and both were really tasty.

They have valet parking here which is $4 + tip. Everyone was super friendly. I'd recommend you requesting a table on the outside. Views are amazing.

It's not nearly as bad as what some people are posting about. I found the food as good or better than the other ocean view places in Del Mar like Jakes or Poseidon, etc. I'd gladly come here again.

After dinner we walked on the beach for an hour and then got our car.

1  Thank saintba