“Only good thing is the view”
Review of Beach House - CLOSED

Beach House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 101
Description: A relaxing afternoon watching the surfers at Cardiff Reef or a romantic evening with the sun setting over the sea...the exciting new cuisine of recently-arrived acclaimed executive chef Michael Ingino...the value of our famed daily Happy Hour and nightly Sunset Specials...two heated outdoor patios so close to the sea you might just get splashed, al fresco dining at its finest...the energy and excitement of the Top of the House Grill, the comfort of our dining room...Lunch, Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, and Dinner...Cuisine, Service and Value to match the stunning views...The Beach House...Lobster, Fine Steaks, Fresh Fish...World Class Wines, cool Libations and Martinis...on the beach in Cardiff by the Sea, two miles north of the Del Mar racetrack.
Chicago, Illinois
“Only good thing is the view”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was recommended by someone who went a year ago. The patio on the beach is fantastic - watching the sun set and listening the waves makes for a wonderful setting. That is the only positive for this restaurant. The food was not special, especially for the price. I did order off the Sunset Special menu. My dish was very salty, and my friend's dish was very bland. Service was extremely slow. Valet parking is available for $4 + tip; otherwise one parks on the street. We arrived on a hot summer day, before the sun set, so parking was non-existent. After dark, the street is not lighted well, so bring a flashlight so you can walk safely to your car. For the amount of money spent, one can eat with the same setting in a different restaurant.

San Diego
“Go for great ocean view but not great food”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I just re-visited this restaurant after a long time away. I was secretly hoping it got better with time but that is not the case. The view is really the best part of this restaurant. Everyone wants to sit on the patio, which I cannot fault but you have to wait for outside seating even with a reservation. The best tip I can give is to go upstairs for happy hour. Enjoy great drink prices and a simple affordable menu with better view. Paying much more to be downstairs for average food at best just makes little sense. The only great part of the meal was lobster bisque soup, the rest was forgettable as others have mentioned. It is a shame that this place cannot pull off better quality of menu and service given the great location. The parking lot is small with valet service only. Be prepared to wait for parking during peak week end dinner hours.

Billings, Montana
“Cool place. Ok food. Awesome beach view.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a work meeting and dinner. Staff was very accommodating for a large group. I ordered the tuna. It wasn't bad but it was forgettable. We also ordered crab cakes... they were also only ok. The view of the ocean and the beach of extraordinary however. The prices were very high as expected in California. I might return for the cool atmosphere and good service after I try several of the other beach restaurants in search of better food.

Surprise, Arizona
“spend your $$$ on the beach elsewhere”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

lived in Laguna Beach, CA for 12 yrs. visited the beach house restaurant right next door to where I lived on Sleepy Hollow Lane and also the location @ the pier in Dana Point -- never have been much of a fan. they pick the prime locations and that is the draw. the waitress at our lunch was strung out -- service was a joke...2 say the least. the salads were sparse and when we asked for bread, we were told they do not serve until 4 pm. she brought cold, hard rolls.

would not recommend unless u hit the happy hour & enjoy a drink 2 watch the sun set. thumbs down

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Very Forgettable”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place is very forgettable. The food was average at best. I've had much better meals for a lot less price. I never mind paying high prices when the food is good but the food here was pretty run of the mill. I asked for a table out on the back deck and I was given one. I wanted to take about 1-2 minutes to get a picture at an empty table but he manager seemed pretty clueless. They are more concerned about turning over the table for the next guest than the current guest they have in the seat already. Due to the clueless manager I skipped desert for a party of five and another round of drinks. Very short sighted on his part. I wish I would have spent my $300 somewhere else. I will never go back because it really felt like a cattle call with very average food.