“Amazing location on the beach”
Review of Beach House - CLOSED

Beach House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 101
Description: A relaxing afternoon watching the surfers at Cardiff Reef or a romantic evening with the sun setting over the sea...the exciting new cuisine of recently-arrived acclaimed executive chef Michael Ingino...the value of our famed daily Happy Hour and nightly Sunset Specials...two heated outdoor patios so close to the sea you might just get splashed, al fresco dining at its finest...the energy and excitement of the Top of the House Grill, the comfort of our dining room...Lunch, Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, and Dinner...Cuisine, Service and Value to match the stunning views...The Beach House...Lobster, Fine Steaks, Fresh Fish...World Class Wines, cool Libations and Martinis...on the beach in Cardiff by the Sea, two miles north of the Del Mar racetrack.
California
“Amazing location on the beach”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We are here as a family on our first night on vacation and although they were not super kid friendly we sat outside and our kids played on the sand. We had the most amazing moijitos and both of our fish entrees were delicious. For views and fresh fish would highly recommend. Just bring your own kids cups :)

Newport Beach, California
“Nice view, bad food, bad service”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

On recent trip to SoCal ate at The Beach House. Told to seat ourselves by the hostess and no menus provided. Sat outside, upper deck. Took over 5 minutes for waitress to show up with menus. It was not busy. Took another trip to get the right menus. Food was worse than the service. It took 20 minutes to get the food. The fries and pizza had obviously been sitting on the counter downstairs long enough to no longer be hot. Salad was ok. Partner did not even finish pizza as it was not good. Not worth a return visit nor any sort of recommendation.

1 Thank surfotog
vista, ca
“Where to begin. Amazing view, terrible service, DO NOT buy the Groupon”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been here before a long time ago. I remember it being pretty good food, right on the beach with an amazing view. So when a relative said, " Can I take you guys to dinner", we said great!

We were looking over the menu and getting excited about the tasty sounding menu options. Then we mentioned having a Groupon. "Oh, let me get the Groupon menu" the waiter huffed as he yanked the normal menus from our hands, apparently getting the Groupon service to go with the menus (which didn't sound half bad when we got them the New York Steak, Salmon & a pasta option all sounded good).

I mentioned earlier the Groupon service, which was beyond terrible. I almost think our waiter was from kitchen and hadn't ever worked in a dining room, it was obvious he was not happy to be there. I don't think any of us received a refill on our drinks. He rudely puts his arm in front of you to grab/set dishes ect. I almost pushed his arm out of the way of being in the face of my SO, who was laughing thinking it was comical at this point and to how rude he was (I didn't think it was funny). He never cleared our plates, we left with dinner and desert plates on table even though we'd all been finished eating for quite a while. We asked for a to go box at the end of our meal, which never came (no big loss though since the food was pretty bad).

There were more people in our party than the groupon covered so some people ordered off the regular menu as well. For appetizers, we ordered calamari and crab cakes. We ordered the calamari dreaming of the fantastic dish at 333 Pacific and we were thoroughly let down. Chewing on fried rubber bands come to mind and the crab cakes weren't any better but wait, it gets better... in a humorous, bad movie type of way.

For the entrees, we all either had the steak or salmon with mash potatoes and spinach. I had the steak which was tough and over cooked. The glaze/red wine reduction they said came on top of steak was no more then red blood liquid. Probably all the juices from them not letting steak rest. The portions were rather small and the spinach was just watery glop. How does someone mess up mash potatoes? I didn't think it was possible but they managed. My SO had the salmon & compared it to something you'd get from Disneyland or out of a Stouffers microwave dinner meal. Sadly, he said the watery glop spinach that he tried from my plate was the most flavorful thing he ate all night.

It's really a shame, this restaurant is in an absolute PRIME location, right on the water in Cardiff. Somehow they're still in business with terrible service and mediocre (at best) food. No locals eat here, which says a lot. However long the wait is next door at Pacific Coast Grill, it's worth it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank sd_foodies
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“The best part was the view”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our family members who live out here really like this place and knew about the happy hour offered on the upstairs patio so we met there. We've been here before and know that the view of the Pacific at sunset is gorgeous.

The wine was half price at that time and the menu was limited and not as costly as downstairs. My husband is not a fish lover so there was not much on the menu for him. I enjoy fish but many of the dishes contained the same cooking ingredients, some of which I didn't like, which limited my choices as well. In the end we choose a linguini pomadoro with grilled chicken which was over cooked and tough.

If you go, go with the intention of enjoying the view, which could make up for the disappointing food if you've never been there before.

Visited June 2013
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Special lunch with son”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Chose this resturaunt for the chance to sit by the ocean with my son and enjoy a memorable meal, and boy was it! Service slow,with a flat and uninterested server,and we hated all of the food, none of witch was remotely hot or fresh. The nacho chips we tried to gag down were cold, hard, greasy and stale. We should have just left then, but we made the mistake of staying to eat by far the worst lobster bisque I have ever tasted. I, at least didn't,t even try. The place is dank old and going on view only. I think it is possible in this beautiful area to get both view and great food. If that is what you are looking for be warned,don't go here.

P.S. charge to drive your car 10 feet and park it??? Rip- off guests I say, and tacky!

1 Thank Teresa M