“Pizza like your mamma makes.”
Review of The Bestawan Pizza

The Bestawan Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a great place for a mother/son lunch. We ordered the veggie pizza and loved the combination of fresh mushrooms, black olives, green peppers, tomatoes, and cheese. The large pizza is plenty for two with leftovers to take home.

We will return to sample the extensive selection of fish tacos.

There are newer reviews for The Bestawan Pizza

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This place has, hands down, the best juke box I've ever seen. It had both Miles Davis and Fela Kuti, including tunes of theirs that go for 20 minutes or so--I told the waitress I was a bit hesitant to play them because it would tie up the juke box for so long, she not only said it was no problem, she went over and punched them in herself, on the house. The pizza's good, too. My friends who live in the area go here regularly and I can see why--very open, welcoming, and laid back.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Four of us went for pizza on a Saturday night. It was very busy, had to wait 30 minutes for a table. Large local crowd with kids and dogs. Service was good considering the crowd. Three of us ordered their everything pizza. The crust was crunchy, meats and cheeses very good, overall excellent pizza. One person had salad, also very good. Good selection of draft beers, big glass of wine. Very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is my go-to restaurant. Although there is no view (except of a very nice mural on the concrete wall next door), the atmosphere can't be beat. The patio is the hangout of every dog of note in the area, many of whom have dishes named after them. Locals, dogs, and strangers mix in friendly harmony and enjoy the sun and each other. You will never feel too old or too young or too poor or too fat - all types mingle here. The inside is also fun and funky, kind of world eclectic. And the food is great. A large menu of healthy casual California cuisine - sandwiches, salads, quesadillas, all day breakfast and, oh yes, pizza. I have never had anything to eat that is subpar there and I have tried many many things.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Several years ago new management took over this so-so pizza restaurant and have been making great strides ever since. The prices are low, the food is exceptional, and the atmosphere is unrestrained funky fun. So don't tell anyone about this place, otherwise it will ruin it!

This reminds me of the places I would see in coastal California in the '60s and '70s, but you don't see much anymore. I enjoyed sitting on the patio drinking my Fat Tire beer out of a mason jar and watching the beach people walking by. But when I ordered the grilled mahi-mahi sandwich, it blew my socks off. My wife had the shrimp linguini and loved it. Previously we have had some pretty good pizza there, but as their new motto says, "Not just a pizza restaurant anymore".

The place is always crowded, but somehow we always got seated with little or no waiting. The atmosphere is relaxed, fun, and somewhat funky. We always seem to fall into conversation with people sitting at the adjacent tables. Note: this is a dog-friendly restaurant.