“Good food, Great Service”
Review of Rimel's

Rimel's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I had a gift card to Zenbu/Rimel's so we decided to go on a date night. We sat on the Zenbu side. It is dark inside and great for a date. Our waitress was wonderful. She was attentive but also gave us our privacy. I'm pregnant so I couldn't try any of the sushi at Zenbu. I ordered the Wok Seared Bowl with Chicken from Rimel's. It was amazing. The chicken tasted slow cooked, with steamed vegetables and soft sticky Jasmine rice. Well worth the $15 and I have leftovers for lunch. My husband ordered the Eel Communication roll. It was a medium spicy level and the fish was fresh. For $18 he didn't feel it was worth the price.
I recommend this restaurant but just be ready to spend some money.

There are newer reviews for Rimel's

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Food was good, portions very large. I had the cesar salad and Baja fish tacos and both were good. They lose points for their website that wouldn't work well on either my pc or ipad. Who cares? I do. It is a reflection of their professionalism and causes me to wonder what else they are guessing at. Due to many mixed reviews, I'd say they are still working on success. I also had an issue with my bill that was kind of cheesy/borderline money grabbing. Strangely enough I felt the same way visiting Zenbu (next door, same company). I probably won't return unless invited.

1  Thank Shaybly
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch on a friend's recommendation. They had a decent looking menu with burgers, salads and typical entrees, but I had to try the 1/2 rotisserie chicken. For $14 it's a decent deal but I expected the meat not to be dry since it had been slow cooked on the bone. It came with two sides of jasmine rice which was slightly overlooked and black beans that were just ok. I think it might have been worth the extra dollar to sub out for the wok veggies and sweet Potato fries.
Service staff were super friendly and it has a decent sized patio for warm weather enjoyment. Surprised they didn't have draught beer and wine list is a little weak. I would go back in the future and give it another try.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had a great family dinner here. Good food, friendly service. And prices are very reasonable. Salads were exceptional. Good selection of wines by the glass too.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Again, a little gem in Cardiff and "standing room only" on many an occasion...Crowded, dark BUT? Terrific food and service...Their fish and chicken tacos some of the best I've ever had...Not such a good wine list unfortunately, kinda "beer joint" mentality BUT again, superb food and service and worth dining at if you're in the area. Definitely kid friendly but dining area very crowded and you'd want to leave the stroller OUTSIDE! (not romantic and rather noisy)