“Awesome, for b'fast, lunch and dinner”

Gayle's Bakery & Rosticceria
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Capitola
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
boston area
“Awesome, for b'fast, lunch and dinner”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

great eye appeal! the Ticket machine was a bit confusing but the line moved quickly. We stopped for lunch take-out and ended up getting pastries for b'fast the next day. It was so good we ended up back the next day to get dinner and more pastries!

1 Thank Susan S

Vacaville, California
“WOW! What more can I say?”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Food selections galore and they charge by weight, so you can get as much or as little as you want. Delicious food, affordable prices. Desserts, desserts, desserts! There were 5 of us and we each ordered something different from sugar cookies to German chocolate cake to cinnamon rolls. So fresh so fab!

1 Thank Colleen B
Southrn California
“Wish I could pack Gayle's up and take it home!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

It was late, I was tired, in town on business, and just looking for a decent meal. A couple of locals pointed me toward Gayle's - I envy them living so close by! Gayle's is well set up for take-out. They had an incredible number of offerings - I pieced together a delicious healthy meal to take back to my hotel room...well...perhaps except for that delicious lacy-cookie-nut concoction for dessert. Will be my go-to choice anytime I'm again in town on business!

1 Thank JudyTheGypsy
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I'm always impressed by the outstanding food served at Gayle's, but during my most recent visit, I was really impressed by the service. I'm sorry to say I don't remember the lady's name, but she was outstanding. I had an excellent breakfast sandwich and wanted a little something sweet. I normally choose the Downtowner, a most tender and delicious treat. However, this time my server gave me several excellent suggestions, including how each was made. Her description of the Croissant d'amandine was too hard to resist and it was just as delightful as she said it would be. I really appreciate the great food and good service.

I later ran into the same lady who served me shopping at a local drug store. She remembered me, and asked how I liked her suggestion, I told her very much! She mentioned how much she enjoyed her job and how gayle's is the largest employer in Capitola. I can believe that. The food is so good, everyone goes there OFTEN.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Regina W
Nashville, Tn
“Go to Gayle's!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We went to Gayle's not once but TWICE on a recent family trip to Capitola! It was very good!! Many choices (look @ menu before you go)
When you go in it seems very hectic. Take a look at what they have in the cases & then get a number (from a ticket machine on the wall) they will soon call your number & you meet your person & tell them what you want!!!
We had the ficelles, cranberry & feta quinoa salad, mac n cheese, tri-tip sandwich & a turkey & cheese sandwich. It was all delicious!

The desserts, pastries & cakes are soooo decadent. You can't pass them up! My kids had a cake pop & I had a s'mores brownie! We also had some of their German chocolate cake & it was SO good!!

No wonder Gayle's is #1 in Capitola!! It's well deserved!