“Nice lunch on the beach---watch out for the birds!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Zelda's

Zelda's
Reserve with OpenTable
Zelda's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 106 Restaurants in Capitola
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sacramento
“Nice lunch on the beach---watch out for the birds!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

Unlike previous reviewers, I actually enjoy Zelda's. Perhaps that's because I have a dog, and this is one of the few beachside restaurants where you can hitch your dog to the fence next to your table. The outside seating is virtually on the beach---creating a wonderful atmosphere---except for the pigeons and gulls that swoop in the minute guests leave their tables. The food is admittedly overpriced, but not bad (enjoyed the fried calamari & clam chowder)---while the atmosphere is breezy and relaxed. Again, the big draw for us is the dog-friendly atmosphere combined with fun on the beach. Order carefully and sparingly (hit happy hour)----no charge for the view!

Auburn, CA
“Bad Service, OVERPRICED mediocre food, DON'T GO THERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stopped by on our family vacation to enjoy our one night "eating out." WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT!!! The website made it seem like such a nice, fun place to eat. I had high hopes for this place, but it was nothing but horribley overpriced with pretty crappy food. I am easy to please foodwise, but seriously, you could get a better meal at Denny's. The server seemed lazy and unconcerned with doing her job. While waiting what seemed like FOREVER to have our order taken, the waitress could be seen hanging out at the bar giving customers back rubs. Nice! She didn't even serve the food, someone else from the kitchen was bringing out everyone's orders all night. But when the food finally came about an hour after ordering, it was THEN that she informed us that the child's order (the most important to have fast) was not even available. We picked something else but how unacceptable to wait until everyone else was served to tell the 6 year old that her food wasn't coming. Had to ask repeatedly just to have water. Had to ask for boxes several times, the check several times, etc. Restaurant was full of floosy bar flies and staggering pick up artists. The outside patio was full of pidgeons walking all over the tables, crapping on everything! Parking was completely a joke - none to be found for more than a 15 minute walk away. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND
A V O I D T H I S P L A C E !!!

California
“Avoid thisd Place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

Food was mediocre and grossly overpriced. Service was slow and not much of it. Would not recommend for families - too many "bar flies" hanging about. Definitely not a place I would visit a second time. If you can, AVOID this place! This place could use a good cleaning and a SCARE CROW to keep the birds from crapping on the tables outside.

So,CA
“Great Breakfast Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

I hate to see Zelda's get such a poor review.
We have been to Zelda's for breakfast several times. it's a great spot in the morning. The view is beautiful, the service prompt. Our server has always been pleasant. The quantity and quality of our food was very good. The price was reasonable, I don't remember that it was any more expensive than it is when we go out locally.
It has been about a year since we were last in Captola so I do not remember exactly what we had. I do remember that the four of us plan to return the next time we are in Capitola.

Stockton, CA
“Cold substandard food, terrible service, grossly overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

On our visit to Capitola we unfortunately stumbled upon Zelda's restaurant. Let me just say that you'll get better food and service at Long John Silvers, or even a taco truck for that matter. Here's how it went down:

1.) We arrive, and are seated right next to a window with what would have been a pleasant view of the ocean- the only problem? The crowds of drunk people from the bar outside the window sitting on the deck staring in at you on the other side of the glass obscuring the ocean view while you self consciously eat your food as people stare at
you.
2.) Waitress is less than charming, takes our drink orders and then scurries off despite the fact that the restaurant is pretty much empty. (should have been a clue) We wait 15 minutes for our drinks, even though there are only 4 other tables to be served. They don't even offer Pelegrino or any kind of sparkling mineral water, so she brings me tonic water.
3.)We wait another 20 minutes for her to come back and take our order. I ask her what kind of lettuce comes in the dinner salad which you pay an extra $5 for. She tells me mixed greens. I end up getting old romaine lettuce- definitely does not qualify as "mixed greens". My mother ordered a bowl of clam chowder as an appetizer, which came luke warm and overly-thick, as if someone had just poured it out of a can of Campbell's soup. The waitress asked me if I wanted any fresh ground pepper, and when I said "no thankyou", she immediately darted off as my mother was just starting to request some in her soup.

4.) We have not yet received any bread although the table next to us has. Let me say again that there was only 4 other tables to serve besides us- it was not busy at all. We see a non-english speaking buss person, and ask her for bread, as our waitress has disappeared. Immediately she brings us bread- we wish she was a waitress and not just the buss/cleaning person! However, the bread is cold.

4.)Finally our orders come- my mom ordered steak, and I ordered a chicken dish. My mom's steak was tasty, but it was cold. My chicken was incredibly tough, and the artichokes and green chillies that were used were clearly from a can and not fresh. (Mmmm...that tinny taste!)

5.)The bill came, and immediately the waitress darted off again. The bill was someone else's and not ours, so we had to wait another 15 minutes for the waitress to come around and tell her it was the wrong check. Finally we got our check $75, and that's with no alcoholic beverages and I ordered water. That sucked. What a rip off!