“Convenient location”

Quality Inn and Suites Capitola By the Sea
Ranked #3 of 4 Capitola B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Even though the hotel needs updating, it was clean, comfortable, safe, the staff are accommodating and the location was within biking distance to the transition area of my race. The hotel is within walking distance to a great sushi restaurant, grocery store and coffee house!

Room Tip: my room was located towards the rear of the hotel property and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank czbozo
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn and Suites Capitola By the Sea

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Condo style accomodations. The room was very nice with a attached patio. Breakfast was one of the best that I have ever had. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Close to shopping if you want to pickup something at the store (Nob Hill grocery store). We will definitely stay here whenever we go to Santa Cruz area. Maximum of 20 minutes to Santa Cruz.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you don't want to use stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lydia V
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Pros- confortable bed, mini fridge, and microwave, close to some shopping and a great sushi place, shower head is higher than the normal places (I am 6'2"), close to Gail's bakery, heated pool, hot breakfast, huge room, free shuttle to downtown, free Internet.
Cons - not very clean, carpet is very old, first duvet had a blood stain, call the front desk and they brought another one, but did not changed it, they just handed to my wife.
Bathroom wasn't the cleanest, had some renovations done but not finished, toilet very low to the gound.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RafaelSjc_Ca
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I stayed over Labor Day weekend (9/1 through 9/3, 2012) and had a good time. The rooms are basic and dated, but if you are looking for a quick and easy place to stay in Capitola, this is a good hotel to consider. The room was clean and it had all the hot water we needed. One bonus for the hotel is that is a one block (maybe less) walk to the beach shuttle (not affiliated with the hotel) that takes you to downtown Capitola, right by the beach. This is a nice feature because on weekends during the summer, parking near the beach is very difficult. It is also close enough to downtown to walk, which my family easily did one day. The hotel has a small pool (heated) that is fun for smaller kids. The breakfast was pretty typical for these types of hotels, but a good way to save money rather than eating out. My family would stay here again on our next trip.

Room Tip: The hotel is on the smaller side, so all the rooms are pretty equal. Rooms facing away from the poo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alex J
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed there recently. While the facilities are average, we found the customer service very inadequate.

a. We called to see if we could check in an hour earlier than 3 pm since we were close by. We were told the room is not ready and to come after 3 pm (quite rudely). When we checked in later we found out the room was actually ready at noon. We learned that employees are told to discourage early check in, even if the room is available. Hmm....

b. The next morning, our toilet clogged. I went to the front desk to see if we could switch to another room. It turns out the manager stays over night so I got to speak to the head honcho. You would think that would make a difference, right. Quite the opposite. He first offered me and my wife to use his own bathroom and toilet. When he saw the look of disgust on my face at the idea of using his "used bathroom", he hastily added that there was no other room available. I insisted he check the system. Lo and behold, there were plenty of rooms free and I insisted on switching to one of them. A guest with a clogged toilet should not have to work so hard to move to clean room?

Based on the service alone, I would not recommend this particular hotel. I have stayed at other Quality Inns and i know that the chain as a whole can do a lot better, just not this particular location.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place. The area has many other good options.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joe10
Reviewed August 16, 2012

When we checked in the bathroom was not very clean, hair around the sink and the mirror was dirty. The room was kind of dark and just seemed like it needed a freshening up. Only had shuttles to the beach on weekends, which is very inconvenient since the parking is terrible by the beach. There is a small pool which wasn't all that clean and no hot tub. It was an okay place but for the same price we stayed at a way nicer, brighter place in Ashland. It sounds like I'm a clean freak but I'm not we live in the country with dogs, cats, and horses so the place just isn't getting the care it needs. I don't think we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jenni J
Reviewed July 28, 2012

After being on the road aLL day, this was a pleasant experience for a hotel. The rooms are large and clean. The jacussi tub was an added bonus. Their breakfast is a standard Quality Inn breakfast which consists of waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, juices, etc. The check in process was quick. They have express check out so you don't even have to go to the front desk to check out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skamper73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitola
Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites
Best Western Seacliff Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 54 in Santa Cruz

Been to Quality Inn and Suites Capitola By the Sea? Share your experiences!