“Great food, great music, good service”

Paradise Beach Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Paradise Beach Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Capitola
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cliff Drive
Transit: Please check the Santa Cruz Metro website http://www.scmtd.com/
Description: Located on the water in Capitola Village, Paradise Beach Grille is the perfect place to enjoy lunch with a view or to finish a perfect day on the beach. We feature a contemporary menu with a Pacific Rim flare. Enjoy our famous Coconut Prawns appetizer, followed by either a Fresh From Hawaii seafood entree, or a Prime Natural cut of Beef. Choose from our extensive wine list, featuring many local Santa Cruz Mountain wineries, or choose from one of our many beers on tap. Whatever your pleasure, you are welcome with us in Paradise!
Reviewed August 7, 2012

As a regular visitor to Capitola, I have never ventured inside the Paradise Beach Grille until tonight. Well, this will certainly be just the first of many visits. We enjoyed a simple soup and salad meal, but felt like we indulged in pure scrumptious delight! I had just a cup of the french onion soup -- perfectly topped with a crostini and cheese. The addition of a little marsala in the broth was superb! I soaked up every possible drop with the extra bread they brought without us having to ask. My dining partner raved over the cream of artichoke soup she had -- as did the diner at the table next to us. We both had the Danish Bleu Wedge Salad -- PERFECTION (if you like a wedge salad, that is). How can you go wrong with bleu cheese, bacon and little pieces of green apple? I am already looking forward to my return to the Paradise Beach Grille -- and I will make sure I have a big enough appetite to venture beyond the soups and salads!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We ate here on a Sunday night w/our 5yr old & were VERY pleased! The hostess was really sweet in making sure we knew a table was opening up!! The food was great & my husband said his martini was "the best"

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had 11 people for dinner and everyone got great food and service. The menu is sophisticated and delicious. The Beach Blanket Breadalon (named for San Francisco's long-running musical revue) appetizer was a big hit. It's a round sourdough loaf, crispy on the outside, that has just the right amount of cheese and garlic inside. The location on Capitola Beach is beautiful. You can dine inside or out on their terrace that overlooks the beach.

1  Thank Marybs6
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I enjoyed a leisurely lunch here on a foggy day. The food was superb--very fresh with very good flavors. The portions were generous, and I took home enough in leftovers for lunch the next day. Our service was also good, although the place wasn't crowded. Perhaps my only complaint is that the food is a bit pricey; however, I felt the prices reflected the excellent food quality, as well as the prime location in Capitola Village. Definitely worth it.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

What happened to my first review for this place? Seems like not much has changed. Service is bad from the younger (and cuter) staff. Yes, we would like 3 new glasses of water since there's black things floating around on the bottom. I believe you that its probably coffee grounds. Maybe you can save them for yourself. Diet coke is not the same as regular coke. This time it wasn't me, but I think last time I experienced the same.

Food is why I come back. This time it was the steak/salad wrap (lunch special). Awesome. Even the coffee was great (brew, not espresso). In my last visit, it was seafood night and nothing disappointed. Clam chowder in bread bowl, all other forms of REAL seafood orders...yum.

I want to love this place, I really do...but service from some of the staff (on each visit) is pretty disappointing. Waitresses are usually on the ball though...maybe its a teamwork thing. Or maybe its just slugs licking toads.