“It's what you make of it!”
Review of Monarch Cove Inn

Monarch Cove Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Capitola B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“It's what you make of it!”
Reviewed April 17, 2005

This was my second stay at the Monarch Inn in as many months.

My first room in March was clean, new carpet, curtains, paint etc. with a wonderful view of the sea.

I stayed over a two day period Sunday thru Tuesday it was not crowded and my breakfast was on time and wonderful.

This month I stayed in another room that had some wear and tear but still had a view of the ocean and was clean. Yes, my breakfast came a half hour late on Saturday but they also had a full house I was on vacation a half an hour should not make that much difference.

The gardens were wonderful, the staff helpful and willing to do what ever it took to make my stay a winner.

I have stayed at four and five star Hotels througout the United States this Inn reminds me of small Inns in Europe they have so much more character and are run by characters.

It's all what you make of it.

• Stayed April 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed April 9, 2005

Very unprofessional establishment. Our room was dirty, and poorly stocked. There were gaps in the doors and windows so it was freezing. The heater did not work sufficiently. There was construction going on in the room next door for 3 hours after we cheked in. And to top it off our 8:30 breakfast arrived at 9:15. Please don't waste your money.

• Stayed April 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 21, 2005

For those that can appreciate quaint,romantic,simple but enchanting setttings than this is the place for you. The gardens, stuctures, view were just what we hoped for.We stayed in a two bedroom suite overlooking the bay.Our twenty year old collage daughter was with us.All three of us agreed
we would stay here again on our next trip to Montery, Carmel.

Farley family from Chicago

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 1, 2004

I considered having my wedding here because the location is beautiful, but the woman who ran the office was bizarre. The office smelled of cat urine and there was a bug crawling in her hair. I would never leave my wedding to her.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 15, 2004

Let's just say that if the Monarch Cove was located on property that reflected it's rooms, it would be somewhere off of I-5, in the middle of nowhere! You are only paying for the location at this "resort" , because the carpets are worn and look dirty, the decor is "garage sale discount", and the front desk is usually answered by voicemail! If
you look at the website, and then see it for yourself, you be dis-enchanted. I heard that remark many times during our stay in Capitola. Please, if you own the Monarch Cove, hire a professional interior designer to remodel the resort and a full-time receptionist to answer the phone. Then, we would love to stay there, gladly pay more, and bring our families.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitola
Capitola Hotel
#2 of 6 in Aptos
Inn at Depot Hill
Inn at Depot Hill
#2 of 4 in Capitola

Been to Monarch Cove Inn? Share your experiences!