This was my second stay at the Monarch Inn in as many months.
My first room in March was clean, new carpet, curtains, paint etc. with a wonderful view of the sea.
I stayed over a two day period Sunday thru Tuesday it was not crowded and my breakfast was on time and wonderful.
This month I stayed in another room that had some wear and tear but still had a view of the ocean and was clean. Yes, my breakfast came a half hour late on Saturday but they also had a full house I was on vacation a half an hour should not make that much difference.
The gardens were wonderful, the staff helpful and willing to do what ever it took to make my stay a winner.
I have stayed at four and five star Hotels througout the United States this Inn reminds me of small Inns in Europe they have so much more character and are run by characters.
It's all what you make of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monarch Cove Inn is located on historic Depot Hill in Capitola, California. Poised on an ocean cliff, the Monarch Cove Inn looks out onto the breathtaking curve of Monterey Bay. Accommodations are intimately nestled among flower filled gardens and a monarch butterfly habitat. Enjoy a memorable stay on our 2.5 acre estate with uniquely appointed Victorian guestrooms and cottages, which are a thoughtful blend of yesterday and today. We are conveniently located within walking distance to Capitola Village. You can also stroll along the eucalyptus-lined pathway through the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary that leads to New Brighton State Beach. Breakfast is served to your room daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Monarch Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monarch Cove Hotel Capitola
- Monarch Cove Inn Capitola