“Always excellent”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Capitola Rd.
Santa Cruz, CA
“Always excellent”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Had a drink and dinner in the bar. This is a delightful room with a lodge feel. Drinks are reasonable,the bar menu excellent. We often meet another couple here.

Visited November 2013

Capitola, California
“Famously romantic”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great food choices, local produce and seafood, warm atmosphere and excellent service. Shadowbrook is a favorite of locals and visitors and is voted one of the most romantic restaurants in California. Too good to miss!

Visited September 2013
Scotts Valley, California
“A Treasure”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

A beautiful setting, wonderful food and delightful servers. I always take special out of town guests here for dinner. It has never disappointed!

• Visited November 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Hidden Gem! Perfect for special occasions or solo dining in the bar/lounge!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I would never have found it without Trip Advisor and GPS, but it's down in a great artsy area that would have been super to wander around in during the day when the shops were open. There's a ton of history here, as apparently it's been around since 1947 and it seems to have just gotten better over time. When you walk to what you think is the entrance, it's really a "tram" stop to take you down the hill where the restaurant is nestled into the side of the hill at water's edge. If you don't ride the tram down (the night I was there, it broke with the owner aboard! Woops!), there are nice, but slightly steep stairs leading down through a beautiful garden. There's outside dining as well, where you can take in a sunset or moonrise, but each of the 6 available dining rooms allow you to pick the ambiance you want, but if you don't want the more formal dining event, I'd suggest stopping in an eating in the lounge/bar. They have the most fully stocked bar I've seen in years, after living overseas, I was pleasantly surprised to see Aperol and Sambuca available and as a Margarita snob, watching the bartender hand make their top shelf margarita with Mezcal instead of tequila and hand squeeze lime juice made me drool! Incredible! They also have a thin crust, wood-fired brick oven pizza that I haven't been able to find in the US since leaving Italy. Service was attentive, atmosphere incredible, and the bar menu and full restaurant menu innovative, well-prepared and just all-around fantastic. Note that the two menus are slightly different--you can get entrees in the bar, but they may not be the same ones available in the restaurant. Bar prices were very reasonable, and although the restaurant prices were a little higher, it's well worth it for the ambiance. This is seriously on my Top Ten list of best restaurants I've been to in the US. Incredible!

Visited November 2013
Sonora, California
“Really a great treat”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My Hubby and I ate here to celebrate our 4th anniversary, we were not disappointed! The complimentary shuttle picked us up at our hotel, Glenn the driver was fun and full of information. We waited in line to take the "trolley car" down to the restaurant, where we were greeted by the hostess who noted it was our anniversary. We were told (by Glenn) to ask for the green house room and its was so inmate and romantic. We ordered the bacon wrapped prawns (yummy, but i would stick with the free bread). i ordered the Duck L' Apricot and My Husband ordered the Prime Rib, we were both super good and well worth the price. We also order dessert! Try the lolliberry pie. Waiters were attentive and wonderful. The whole experience was so worth the price we paid.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Shadowbrook? Share your experiences!