“Great coffee”

Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Capitola
Los Altos, CA
“Great coffee”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went there on a rainy day. It was a great tasting Americano. I tried a sip of another coffee (Concepcion?) from my son who is a coffee afficianado. Nice setting to have coffee on a rainy day.

I like my coffee hot. I wish I had told them in advance.

• Visited December 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Three Great Locations for the Best Coffee”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Verve is a local firm which roasts all their own blends between trips on the waves. It has the original shop in Capitola, another roastery and shop and a large relatively new location on Santa Cruz' main drag. Each is excellent, good beans, well roasted, skilled barristas and a good atmosphere. The places to go for coffee.

Visited September 2012
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Sooo disappointing but still great coffee”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Perhaps caught the staff on a bad day, however they seemed to be badly disorganized, we literally waited 15 minutes for two americano's with only five or six people in front of us. We also wanted to buy beans, trying to find the beans they were brewing that day I couldn't see them, upon asking one of the girls where I might find them she replied "they should be there" and walked away. We ended up buying random beans, was asked if we wanted a bag to carry the beans in as we were buying a few bags, they ran all over the shop trying to find a bag nobody seemed to know where they were. The americanos however were amazing when we finally got them, however they don't have the technology to make one any larger than a 12oz ??

• Visited August 2012
Aptos, California
“Just so-so”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I hate to say...but I was a bit disappointed with their whole beans recently purchased. I had heard and read a lot of positive reviews, but I found the beans to be very average..Peete's and Starbucks are superior.. In addition, @$15 per 12 oz bag----way too $$$.

• Visited July 2012
California
“Award-Winning Coffee”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This place not only has a relaxed, hip atmosphere, but the staff is great! Really welcoming and sincere. The coffee is absolutely amazing and they have won several awards for their coffee skills at national competitions as proven by the trophies that were on display. Really great find and worth the detour. They also have an incredible showroom cafe downtown and a really cool coffee bar at their roastery where you can see all of the action. Also, this shop is only a couple blocks from an amazing surf overlook where we walked after we grabbed our coffees and a beautiful kid's hot chocolate.

• Visited July 2012