“Cozy local pub” 5 of 5 bubbles

Britannia Arms
Ranked #15 of 107 Restaurants in Capitola
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atascadero, California, USA
“Cozy local pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to check out this little pub on our way back to our B&B. The staff was very friendly and they have a wide variety of beer. The fish and chips were great and everything we saw coming from the kitchen looked and smelled delicious! We enjoyed ourselves so much that we returned later that night after our dinner. The bartender was very friendly and we were dissapointed when they closed and we had to leave! We cant wait to visit again on our next trip in that direction!

Visited February 2012

Corralitos, California
“For Adults but Family can Come Along”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I wanted to bring my 17 almost 18 year old son someplace fun for dinner. It was his birthday so I was looking for a festive atmosphere.... He is not of drinking age although very much an adult. Britannia Arms is a bar but a restaurant too. I had been to the one in Aptos several times so I knew that although it would not be very inexpensive, it would be affordable. The one in Capitola is also conveniently located in the center of the village. And I could get a fine beer for myself. So off we went.

The food was, well OK but too much of everything that you just know is not good for you: salt, sugar, creams and I would guess the ingredients not organic. The portions were surprisingly small for a pub.

The atmosphere was fine and we had a good time. Not much more to add.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Jose CA
“Great weekend getaway from Silicon Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

Nice, quiet little town with great local wineries and good food. Try the Ahi Tuna Poke at the Bluewater Steak House ~ phenomenal!

california
“Lousy service and high prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2009

The food was decent though the prices were high for what you get. Three TINY sliders for $12. The service was horrendous. Took almost 50 minutes to get an appetizer delivered to our table by a waiter who was more interested in chit chatting with customers rather than serving our food. Would not go there again.

1 Thank nlmbridge
Vancouver WA
“More beach bar than restaraunt”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2008

The good point of the restaurant is the view and beach ambiance. If this is what you want, and not a reasonable or slightly above average meal that you will come away full, then this place is for you. It says steakhouse, but it has only a few selections of steak. The rib eye was good, but for 30 with a few small mushrooms, it could have been a lot better. The meal was presentable, au gratin potatoes good, but like the vegetables very small portions. Even the bread, albeit warm, very small. The waiter was nice, but more attentive to the bar and football game on the TV. I understand we were paying for beach view and coast town; don't mind but I expect more for a $40 meal (not including bar drinks and desert). So, I will still be looking for a good steak place in this area.