“Great, once you find it!”
Review of Stockton Bridge Grille - CLOSED

Stockton Bridge Grille
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hercules, California
“Great, once you find it!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I rarely go to Capitola, as it's about 90 miles from our home. But, for my birthday, we headed down to the area for a couple of days. We decided to wing it and try someplace new for lunch.

As it was on a Sunday with fantastic weather, Capitola was packed. We had to park about a mile away from downtown. When we made it to the downtown area, we were just down the street from the Stockton Bridge.

My wife spied a sign in front of a nondescript building right next to the bridge. "Look," she said, "I think it's a restaurant!" It's not in the "restaurant row" of Capitola, and it doesn't really stand out. But if you can find it, I'd recommend a trip.

We were able to sit outside (it was early and we were the first ones there). Our table had a nice view of the multi-colored oceanfront rentals on the other side of the Stockton Bridge.

The food was very good, but not cheap. I had one of the "small plates," the Jack and Bacon Prawns, while my wife had the Duck Egg Rolls. Both were tasty and well-presented.

We also split a bottle of wine; we asked if we could leave the wine there and pick it up later if we didn't finish the bottle (we wanted to walk around Capitola for a while and shop). They said, "no problem."

The wine list is small but well-varied and reasonably priced. It features mainly wines from the Monterey area as well as Napa.

Overall, a very pleasant dining experience. I'd recommend checking this place out if you're in the Capitola area.

Visited October 2012

JACKSON
“Love this neighborhood gem”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Lovely outdoor patio and views of the ocean. Stockton Bridge Grill has wonderful food and a really friendly staff. I love the duck egg rolls. Super yummy

Visited October 2012
Oskaloosa, Iowa
“Great Service Great Food, Great Owner”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Wife and I stopped in here while we had a little alone time from the kids. We sat in the bar and was greeted by a very nice man who turned out to be the owner. We ordered a bottle of wine and some dinner. The service and the food was great. I would highly recommend this place to anyone

Visited August 2012
usa
“We loved everything!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had to stop in Capitola to avoid traffic on our way to Carmel. The town is lovely and so cozy. We asked a local about a good place to eat and she recommended Stockton Bridge Grill above Margaritaville. We walked in and we're greeted by our waitress, Margot (sp)? She was fantastic! She had great wine and food recommendations. We had some small plates to sample and share. Every bite was amazing. Our highest compliments to the chef(s)! You can see the care they took in making each meal perfect. We moaned and groaned through every delicious bite! Our waitress was easy going and always available. The service was perfect. The food amazing, and we like to consider ourselves foodies!

We triple dog dare you to stop in and try for yourself. You will love it!

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Good food in a pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Good wide ranging menu to suit all tastes - just watch the price of some of the wines.

• Visited June 2012