“Great bed & breakfast!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Capitola B&B and Inns
Cameron Park, California
“Great bed & breakfast!”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed at the Inn at Depot Hill for our anniversary. It is walking distance of downtown Capitola's great shops & restaurants and the beach. The staff was fabulous, very friendly and helpful. The inn offers different theme rooms. We chose the Capitola beach theme which was spacious, decorated beautifully with a fireplace & four poster bed. Every morning we had breakfast delivered to our room which was absolutely delicious. A main course, fresh croissants, fresh fruit, coffee, and juice. In the evening they offered appetizers and wine, and when we returned from going out to dinner, there was dessert and also wine if we chose. One evening chocolate covered strawberries were served! The whole experience was wonderful. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting a romantic getaway!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Fremont, California
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed at the inn for two nights in early October. At the onset, the Inn's staff welcomed us warmly, showing the room and accomodations. The room itself was very large: complete with a fireplace, large outdoor tub and terrific bathroom with double shower heads. Each afternoon, the Inn offers wine and appetizers and serves a nightly dessert too! Breakfast was great: each day offering 2 choices. Yum!

While not on the water, the Inn is just blocks from downtown Capitola, near the beach and cute shops. Capitola itself is very convenient to outdoor activities: we hiked one day in Santa Cruz (Wilder Ranch offers terrific views) and kayaked the next day at Elkhorn Slough.

Two days helped rejuvenate our spirits, we look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: Some rooms have private patios and hot tubs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed here Sat 9/24, the night before I was to participate in a duathlon- the Mermaid Triathlon/Duathlon taking place in Capitola. At first, the room price seemed pretty steep, but the convenience in location convinced me to book. And I'm so glad I did! Lauren at the front desk was very friendly, and so supportive when she found out about the race. My room was ready, so I was able to check in early and enjoy the cozy ambiance of the room at patio. Just a short walk away was Capitola Village with numerous restaurants and shops. From 5-7 pm the inn serves delicious hors d'oevres including an amazing stuffed mushroom dish. Yum! Also, wine and sherry. It was incredibly quiet, the bed was comfortable, and I was disappointed to have to get up so early for the race and miss a much talked about breakfast. Lauren was there in the morning to give encouragement and offer an early breakfast before the race, as well as letting me check out a bit late. She also surprised me with a congratulatory bottle of wine which was very nice. All in all, my stay was wonderful and I'll definitely be back again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The Inn At Depot Hill was a perfect choice for a romantic get away. It couldn't have been a more perfect honeymoon. From the moment of our arrival my husband and I were well taken care. The staff were very accommodating. We were offered chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne or sparkling cider. We were served a four star breakfast that was brought to our room at our choice of time. The Inn is conveniently located with a five minute walk away from the beach. It's just around the corner from stores and restaurants. It's expensive per night but well worth it. I would recommend checking in early so you have more time to enjoy the room. My husband and I hope to go back again and again.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the Valencia Suite. It has an electric fireplace, a nice dinning room area...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
florence
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I spent one night at this B & B in July. It was a great location & fabulous place to stay. We wished we had reserved another night. We were not familiar with the location (Being from SC) so we only reserved one night. But it was great and we loved the location-just a short walk to the beach. If we are ever back in CA, we will surely make this one of our stops!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cupertino, California
Reviewed September 5, 2011

First off, I would like to make it known that I did not book a room at the Inn at Depot Hill. The customer service on the phone turned me off and I did not book with them. I called on August 30 to inquire about their rooms and rates. I spoke with a reservation agent called Loraina (not sure if the spelling is right) and she was very unhelpful. She said she did not have the time to go over it with me on the phone and told me to go to their website for answers to all my questions. I am the sort who likes to deal with a "live" person, I do not book anything online. I was very disappointed with the level of service I received. Especially after reading so many nice reviews from TripAdvisor and Yelp.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Nick E
no. california
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The previous review was unduly harsh. We have been staying here for over 15 years and love it!! We were there in June and John was more than helpful! Come on....it's a short walk to the front desk to obtain coffee cups......we ALWAYS eat breakast in the dining room or on the patio.......so nice to visit with other guests. It's your own fault for sleeping until 10:45 am!!!! There are so many "pluses" to the Inn on Depot Hill.........wonderful cheese and wine in the afternoons, dessert after 8:00 pm; in all our years of staying at the Inn, we have never run across picky, petty guests. That's why we keep coming back!!!! Julie

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank julie h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitola
Capitola Hotel
#2 of 54 in Santa Cruz
Rio Sands Hotel
Rio Sands Hotel
#2 of 6 in Aptos

Been to Inn at Depot Hill? Share your experiences!