“Nice hotel in town” 4 of 5 bubbles

Thepparat Lodge
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Pak Nam
“Nice hotel in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice and clean but far from the beach (20 minutes ride). Friendly staff. Dont expact much from breakfast - its just two toasts with marmelade and Thai coffee.) But surroundings are great: two markets, night and morning (really interesting to visit), caffees and restaurants. Bus (tuk tuk) to beach is near and it takes 25 minutes and 50 bat to get the beach (60 if you go after 18:00).

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Apart from the obvious excrement stained towels which we asked to be replaced with yet more stained linen, the service was pretty rude. "Incl breakfast" at Thepparat lodge means 2 slices of toast and overly sugared juice which I imagine would be 10% from fruit. Don't waste your time here even if you get a 50% discount from a website.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank OTWA

Travelers are raving about these Pak Nam hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went here, and had te worst breakfast in Thailand so far. The we paid £12 for breakfast between the three of us only having had a fried egg and banana shake. Extreamly overpriced compaired to the lovely food at the closest market! Two of us had what look and tasted like exactly the same banana shake, they charged one at 20 baht more claiming it had more milk in it? Having questioned the prices politely, but paid the full amount the lady was shouting at us when we left. Very bad service!

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lionelcrispy
Subagan, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

I stayed three nights here Christmas week and like all places there was some good and bad points.The good news is that the rooms and bedding were very clean and the amenities of high quality.The place is family run and the women are knowledgeable,well travelled,helpful and friendly.Thepparat is on a busy street and the nearby morning market is a going concern so noise is an issue,but mitigated with the rooms not facing the street.The lodge is on the slower side of town for all the backpackers/travellers but that was and is a bonus for me as it is still near to the river and the Vogue,night market and most of Krabi's sights.Personally,I wish they would offer their wi-fi for free as many hotels and guest houses alreardy offer in Krabi.It would promote their business and expose their lodge to more travellers that expect and demand this service.Other than that this is a very dependable,clean,safe and friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: Fan rooms on the back side.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Max B
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

I stayed here for two nights en route to Koh Lanta. From the start the lady that runs the hotel was friendly and full of really useful information about the town and surrounding area. She also arranged my onward travel plans for me quickly and efficiently as well as allowing me to leave some luggage with her whilst I went to the island. Due to bad weather my return plans had to be changed and she very helpfully was happy to bring the bag I had left to the airport to meet me there.

The rooms are small but very clean and the hotel is well located near the centre of Krabi.

I enjoyed my stay very much and really appreciated the effort that was put in to ensure my trip was a smooth one. If passing through Krabi again I would stay here again.

The lady who runs the lodge is proffesional and friendly and I am surprised by the review left previous to this one. I would recommend this lodge for a short stay in Krabi.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank psymon1969
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

Everything was disappointing and overpriced from the rooms to the coffee to the food . We moved after 2 nights and found far better rooms are readily available in Krabi Town for less cost !. The owner was rude as well , so do yourself a favor and stay away from this place !!
The location is not bad .

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank willyjoe
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2010

It was our 1st trip to Thailand and we had been to Bangkok.

This country is so clean and the people are so peace loving it's unreal. No one bothers you, they just mind their own business and go about there own way.

From Bangkok we went to Krabi.

I had already booked the hotel as I was unsure of the place. However, when I tried to book my flights back to BKK they were unavailable and I need to book an extra night.

The website I booked through (Sawadee/Krabi.com) insisted I pay the whole amount in full. This is most unusal in Thailand.

Upon arriving at Thepparat Lodge the owner (Ms. Bhashinee Bhumibhamon) met us. She initially seemed very nice.

However, she told me I had to take my suitcases up to my room. Rather odd I thought. However, I did not complain.

When we entered our room, the fan was deliberately set to very low by the owners and made a constant sound throughout the night, so we were unable to sleep due to the noise and the ineffective fan.

In the morning when trying to have a shower, we noticed it was right next to the toilet! As humans, we cleanse ourselves in the mornings and touching the toilet due to lack of space in the bathroom, means we are still dirty!

We went down for breakfast at just before 9.30am (we were very jet lagged) and were told that we need to be seated well before the end of breakfast. When we asked for a cheese and tomato omelette, we were told no, only 1 or the other.

When we asked for more milk in our coffee we were glared at in disgust.

As there was no fridge in the room we asked if the owner could put our drinking water in the motel fridge, but even that was declined. Any little thing we asked for was way way too much effort. This was most certainly not the case in Wendy Guest House, Bangkok.

As it was so hot and we could not sleep at night due to our fan being set so low, we asked for a bed sheet. This was also declined. The next day our request was met. When we entered our room, we found that even though we had been given a bed sheet, our duvet had been taken back!
A
s a motel, we handed our keys into reception before setting out for the day, only to be told when we got back, that reception closes at 8 o’clock and we should have returned early.

The only thing that was done in our room was the beds were made. The towels or sheets were not changed, but yet the owner was quick to take things back, such as the turning off the fan and taking the duvet.

It was only after all these issues that I checked the reviews online for this motel.
I was horrified, as I could relate to everything everyone had written.

Please see the reviews below.

We hated the place and the owner so so much that we tried to avoid going back to our room at all costs and stayed out until late at night. We were shouted at and spoken to like naughty little children.

I so wish I had read the reviews before leaving.

NB. This is somebody's home and most certainly not a hotel! The pictures are VERY VERY misleading. The owner is also on Facebook so you can probably speak to others and get a broader picture.

I felt so disgusted with this place and more so the owner (nobody else works here, except her sister who is part time) that I have made an official complaint to the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

This place and its owner is a shame and disgrace to Thailand and it’s people.

As we did not have a place to stay on our last night, we moved to the City Hotel. It is right next to the main bus stop with ample shops, restaurants, main road etc.

We paid Bht. 1450 per night at Thepparat Lodge.

At City Hotel we paid Bht. 450! The hotel is excellent, clean, excellent location and the staff are so friendly, kind etc. We left our shopping there, ask for recommendations, guidance, help etc and they were more than willing to assist us.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
#13 of 18 in Pak Nam
Krabi Loma Hotel
Krabi Loma Hotel
#15 of 18 in Pak Nam

Been to Thepparat Lodge? Share your experiences!