“Typical food and rude staff”
Review of Tawan

Tawan
Ranked #12 of 45 Restaurants in Pak Nam
Cuisines: French, Thai, International
Description: Nice and cosy restaurant, welcoming tourists as well as locals. Tasty,fresh and cheap homemade food, from breakfast to snacks,crêpes, and more. You'll also enjoy cocktails in a friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed January 31, 2016

Nothing special about this place. The staff is not very friendly.
I wont come back here because of the poor service.

Date of visit: January 2016
2  Thank Tabitha S

Reviewed January 19, 2016

We went for dinner at this place and 3/4 people had hair in their food. Even got threatened by the owner afterwards. Terrible experience. Would recommend to stay far away from here.

Date of visit: August 2015
3  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed January 9, 2016

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised to see "Mexican Food" displayed outside of the cafe, and decided to try it. Growing up near the Mexican border, we both have the understanding that anything this far away from Mexico isn't going to be all that authentic. We ordered "Fried Tortilla and Avocado" (aka fresh fried chips and guacamole) from the server who seemed irritated by our presence. It seemed like we were interrupting her day, no one else was in the restaurant but the owner(?). The food was actually really good. Still hungry, we wanted to order the veggie burrito as well. When I inquired about the ingredients the (owner?) lady just said, "Whatever is in the kitchen". I get that this is Thailand and fresh ingredients will vary, but I have some dietary limitations. The lady spoke English fairly well, so I asked if it has beans. She told me yes. I then asked if it had rice, and she became visibly upset and answered that it did not. I then asked (still smiling, in a friendly manner) if it had cheese. She curtly told me yes. I then asked if there was a way to put it on the side since I couldn't eat the cheese. (My husband would eat it on whatever he shared with me). "NO! We put it on top." So, me thinking that maybe there's a miscommunication, I ask again, "Is there anyway to just keep it off since I can't eat cheese?" I was told a staunch no, and that "you wouldn't like the burrito then, and blame me." We were both baffled by her hostility towards us. We weren't rude, we kept to ourselves, and quite enjoyed our small side of chips and guac. We had decided to go there for our next meal but our experience was so off putting we wouldn't go there again. Unfortunately both of their attitudes lost them a repeat customer.

Date of visit: January 2016
2  Thank Danielle G
Reviewed September 13, 2015 via mobile

Me and my friend went here for breakfast as the reviews were so good. Prices are ok (50 baht for a bruschetta) but the food and drinks were a real disappointment. "Fresh" orange juice has never seen a fresh fruit, the portions as well as the service were poor. Dinner might be better but never go there for breakfast..

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank ninaoverseas
Reviewed September 10, 2015 via mobile

Wouldn't be a Krabi visit without this little gem.
I was lured in with the 'Avocado Season' sign, and as a ravenous Australian desperately longing for anything avocado after 6 weeks in Thailand, my prayers were finally answered.
Food was utmost deliciously avocado tainted and came out surprisingly swiftly considering there was one Thai lady in the kitchen.
Love the decoration and friendliness of the staff.
And the shakes, oh those scrumptious fruit shakes, are definitely to die for!

Date of visit: September 2015