“Great Seafood at a Great Price”
Review of Poo Dam Restaurant

Poo Dam Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Pak Nam
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 12, 2019

Awesome! 11 people, 30 blue crabs, one whole fish and lots of other dishes and drinks. Total bill $150! A great meal in a local setting. Don't let the street front outdoor venue put you off. Everything is fresh!

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 19, 2019 via mobile

Ate here for a lunch time snack as felt restaurant looked nice. Food was ok but the staff looked very miserable and were not remotely friendly or welcoming. Left me wondering if it’s more of a locals restaurant? Wouldn’t go back, certainly not what we are used to in Thailand

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank blackidris
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

I and my husband dined here and had the most horrible experience so far as in all our travels. It was a one rainy lunch time and all we could do is to stop at this restaurant by no choice and have a few drinks and food. We started off with a shrimp tempura and unpleased cos there was only 1% shrimp and 99% breading. Im not exaggerating the serving was also very small. Anyway, we carried on and ordered chicken salad and garlic bread for my husband and sweet and sour fish and rice for me. The chicken salad was so dry! There were only shredded cabbage, julienne chopped carrots, some cucumber and shredded chicken. No sauce in it but only a teaspoon of mayonnaise on the side cup. The garlic bread had barely no garlic, and this is where the horror started. We politely asked them to add a bit of garlic cos it only had some sort of oil or margarine. As you can see on the fourth photo, it was like a droplet of oil on the middle of the bread. When it came back, it had a clove on each bread, and even more, we saw the cook and the waiter laughing when they were about to serve us it. We was so annoyed about the laugh so we confronted the waiter and said that it was not eatable and that we didn't want it anymore and that we wouldn't pay for it. Another staff, angry for some reason, came to tell us that we should pay for it. We said we would if they made us a new one but they insisted not to. To our frustration, and scared they might attack us, we just asked for the bill and paid the whole amount 1,130THB. We were not even able to taste the fish i ordered, there was just no point. And then when i took the receipt, she again shouted at me and forcefully took it back from my hand ripping it and shouting at me like she was cursing at me in her language. Staff very rude and disrespectful. We had the sympathy of the other tourists on the next table who witnessed all of this. This is the only memory i could remember during my travel in Thailand. Worst memory! I would not even rate it 1 star if i could!!!

Date of visit: December 2018
5  Thank Emsdowell
Reviewed December 24, 2018

Very friendly atmosphere and good selection of fresh sea food. I always look for where the locals eat not the tourists and this place is packed with locals.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Dallas L
Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

They open at 3pm and we were one of their first customers. The menu offer both surf and turf options but since we’re in Krabi, we went for seafood! What we ordered:
- mango salad
- Tom yum soup
- mussels in lemongrass broth soup
- Fried snapper with a tamarind sauce
- swimmer crabs (market price was $12 USD/lb, I feel like we were being charged tourist price but wanted to just try it)
- grilled squid

The food was good. We paid around $50 USD for 3 people. I think you can definitely get cheaper at the night market down the street though. I don’t think quality was any different but if you’re looking for a restaurant experience vs sitting outside, this might be better, even though it’s not a fully enclosed restaurant. I would rather they post market prices so there is transparency.

Date of visit: November 2018