Pak-Up Hostel
$18
$35
$20
Agoda.com
@Krabi Pura(Pak Nam)(Great Value!)
$21
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeer pongflip cupbig lockerskrabi townbar downstairsdrinking gamesa great place to meetbunk bedsair conold schoolother travelerspool tablenight marketphi phitiger templerailay beachenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here while in south east asia for 6 months and I was the best hostel in stayed at by some distance. The service you get for the price you pay is second to none. I stayed in all the big name hostels around Asia but this one had a more personal feel to it than any others and the value is amazing.

The cleanliness of the dorms and showers was very very good. The whole design and set up of the hostel is very trendy and modern and some real thought has gone into it and makes a change from rows of bunk beds packed into a small room. The beds are comfy and the security in there is great with under bed lockers, swipe card access and CCTV all over it.

All the staff made me feel very welcome and were more than helpful whenever I wanted anything. All trips I booked were good and they advised me of the best ones to go on.

Both top up bar and playground provided excellent places to meet people and we had some awesome nights in playground with parties organised and cheap drinks you can't beat it.

I booked in for two days and stayed much longer and would advise it to anyone. Absolutely great place to stay and loads of fun and whatever people say about krabi town give it a chance there's more to do there than meets the eye.

Room Tip: Ask for IT dorm. That place is legendary.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights and found this hostel to be excellent value. The rooms are a decent size with comfy beds and huge storage lockers. Bathroom was clean. Staff were helpful in booking trips and busses. It's easy to find and in a good location. Quite a funky lyout with bars and deck areas to sit out on. My only negative comments: I thought the linen was a bit grubby and I could hear the music from the bar a little. Plus I wish they'd leave the air on on all day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Whilst this is a great place to rest your head at night, don't count on the staff being pleasant about your stay!!! The only comfort you feel about this place is the pleasant mattress and soft pillow! The staff is only happy with you when you are in agreement with everything they say!! As soon as you have a disagreement or dispute something they say/ do/ have a special request, you're the worst person in the world!
If you want a decent hostel, you've got it, but if you want some genuine Thai love and care, you don't. Don't think I've ever felt so uncomfortable in a hostel, EVER!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Cruttidge
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hostel on pretty much the Main Street in Krabi, cash machines, market, travel agents all near by but just not much going on in Krabi town, you need to go down to Ao Nong beach part of the town which is about 20 mins away. Hostel is really clean, huge bunk beds which were quite comfy, it has an excellent roof bar with a happy hour from 7-10 every night and a playground bar downstairs which is also good. Krabi itself it defo not a party town! More a place to chill out and go on day trips! The travel agent across the road is very helpful and we went on a trip to Phi Phi islands for only 1000 bht. I would defo stay here again if I come back!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. The front desk person when we checked-in was very robotic, impersonal, and seemed to be in a hurry to get rid of us. She spoke very good English so I'm sure this was not due to language barrier. She wasn't even smiling, for Pete's sake. I hope they realize they are running a business and not a government agency. I also found out when we got home that money was also stolen from me. It seems that someone went through my luggage when my boyfriend and I went out for dinner/drinks. I sent them an email to report this and told them that I'm not even expecting the money to be recovered but would appreciate if they investigate. I have not received any feedback to-date.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Armeda80
PakUpHostel, Manager at Pak-Up Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

We received your e mail only three days before your tripadvisor review was published and I was on a business trip. We are very sorry that you had some of your valuables stolen. However, it does remain a hostel and as such there is always the risk of things going missing which is why each bed is fitted with a free under-bed locker. It is hard to investigate as you realised only upon arriving home. Also, you said you left your money on the bed. You are in a 10 bed dorm and we cannot guarantee the integrity of all our guests.

We try to give fast check in for our guests as people don’t normally like to wait a long time. If guests have questions then we always welcome all queries.