Tripadvisor
Metulla
Post
Inbox
Search

“JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED”

Beit Shalom Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Metulla
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I filed a credit dispute against Beit Shalom restaurant in Metula, Israel, for the 48 NIS that Shira (the waitress) and Yoram (the manager) had STOLEN from my credit card as an UNAUTHORIZED tip.

The credit card company refunded my 48 NIS.

So I gained my money back. But Beit Shalom lost me as a customer. I have not ever eaten there again.

See my post about Beit Shalom restaurant in Metula, Israel, dated November 2014, entitled "NEVER EVER AGAIN" for details.

I rated the service, and the value, and the food terrible because when the customer service is unbelievably awful one loses one's appetite.

I decided to update my post to help other customers know what to do if they have a similar experience as I did.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (141)

Reviewed January 5, 2020

when coming to Metulla, walking in the main street - 5-10 minutes - come to eat in a farm resturant in which much is hme made. also good hotel same place. lot of History stories from the owner if he is there. from 1880.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 5, 2020

We discovered this place by accident while touring the town of Metulla. Fine dining with a great atmosphere. On a bad weather day they lit up a fireplace which was great. The food was amazing. Even though several reviews stated it was Shami style food, in reality it's more a fusion, not traditional. Fattoush salad had cheese in it which tasted amazing but it's not traditional Shami food. Also apple pie was good but again it's more of a western spin not common to local Shami or Damascus cuisine.
Overall worth the drive if you are in the area. Skip other tourist trap cafes and head over to this place for a great food experience. Roasted Baba Ganoush and stuffed grape leaves is a must. If I come back to the area, I'll definitely be back to this place.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 27, 2019

We ate here twice as it was so good.Our favourites were the Baba Ganush (a charcoal grilled aubergine with tahini sauce) and lakmajoun (charcoal baked thin pastry filled with minced lamb). we can definately recommend this restuarant in Metulla offering Shami food

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed September 28, 2019 via mobile

A very special place, the food was delicious, a very homely feel. The host was very personable! Amazing place!

Date of visit: September 2019