Given the price we paid, the Green Leaf was very disappointing. It was a number of small things that added up to a negative experience. My bottom line is that green leaf bills itself as a classy, high-end establishment, when in reality it is not. Given the price we paid, it is a very poor value even taking into account increased prices around the Niseko area.
The outside part of the onsen is shabby and the makeshift blinds blocking the view of the women's side are tacky. (Their existence isn't tacky, but the fact that they look like they were built by Homer Simpson is.)
The breakfast buffet was weak and the dinner buffet was even weaker. I wasn't expecting a gourmet meal either.
The temperature of our room was too hot, even with the windows fully open. No one could help us fix this.
We were given a smoking room, despite reserving a non-smoking one. I understand that mistakes happen, but I was disappointed both by the way it was handled by the staff and the ultimate resolution.
Two small things that I liked:
- the mineral content of the onsen water was awesome and my skin loved it.
- the free shuttle to Hirafu was convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Mount Niseko An'nupuri in Hokkaido, Japan, The Green Leaf Niseko Village is contemporarily redesigned to embrace the creative touch of renowned local artists.This 200-room hotel provides ski-in ski-out accommodation at the base of Niseko Village ski area, complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel, a spa, authentic onsen, with access to the world's finest powder snow.Each Deluxe King room inter-connects to a Deluxe Twin room, allowing flexibility for families, and features views of ski slopes and Mt. Yotei. Goshiki serves an international and Japanese fusion buffet, local seafood and seasonal Hokkaido produce. Lively and comfortable, Tomioka White Lounge features a signature fireplace and bar to enjoy cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Rakuten, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Green Leaf Niseko Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Green Leaf Niseko Village Hotel Niseko-Cho
- Hilton International Niseko Cho
- Prince Hotel Niseko