“Second time at the NV Ski Resort”

Niseko Village Ski Resort
Ranked #1 of 38 things to do in Niseko-cho
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Green Leaf NV, this is my second stay. I m considering of coming back in 2015. The mountain is so huge theres so much to do, contrary to some reviews, if you have the United Niseko Lift pass, this entitles you access to four resorts including Hirafu, Hazone, NV and the one next to NV.
Theres absolutely heaps of runs to do here.. including some extremely steep runs. Theres challenges to be had if you seek it.

Its a bit different to what I am use to compared to Perisher in NSW, Australia Having a Gondala to the top of the slope is simply a luxury to have.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This makes a huge difference in your ski experience. People go there for exactly that - the powder snow!

We've been to Niseko Village 2 years in a row and still loving it! The entire ski experience is amazing from accommodation, skiing to food.

I have been booking my accommodation through www.holidayniseko.com, renting Shiki & Koyuki and we love the place and the service from agent! It comes with a vehicle and is perfect for us who enjoy heading down to Kutchan (10-15 mins drive on icy roads) for our groceries (MaxValu or Co-op) or our favourite sushi restaurant (Yoteimaru).

Since we have been skiing in Japan for the last 4 consecutive years, this is our favourite spot. Even though it is getting a little crowded because of its popularity, we still find it an ideal holiday vacation. The village is … a village feel, lack of a better word. Generally, people are friendly and helpful.

We've taken a day off from skiing and driven to Otaru. It was a nice couple of hours drive - totally mesmerised by the scenic route.

One common comment is it takes forever to reach Niseko - which is fair, but I assure it's all worthwhile when you arrive.

1st tip: We find less tiring to arrive in the earlier part of the day as we can unwind from the long travel before we hit the slopes the next day. Or, if your flight arrives at New Chitose Airport by afternoon, then it's probably not a bad idea to stay over a night at New Chitose before you hit the road again the next morning.

2nd tip: We also found towards the end of the trip, instead of going home straight from the slopes, we've taken 2-3 days off in Sapporo to unwind. We find that that also helps in recuperating from our ski vacation which is about 6-7 days of skiing.

This is just our experience so far. I am sure there are many other great ideas and tips to share to make the whole trip an unforgettable and wonderful experience!

9  Thank CatChinTan
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed snowboarding here. People spoke Englisg and we're welcoming of tourists. Prices were decent and the snow was great. The shuttle service was great and made life easier. The food on the mountain was fantastic, especially the ace place up top. The chefs took great pride in their work. I would have given 5 stars, but the conditions all were absolutely frigid with extremely high winds. It was blizzard conditions a couple days, so just be prepared compared to other resorts in the world.

By the way, I have 40 hours of lift pass leftover I'm trying to sell, if interested PM me.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed at Niseko Green Leaf which offers great ski-in/out facilities to this ski resort.

This ski resort offers some reasonable runs with great "warm up" runs from the Banzai chairlift and some pretty challenging runs from the Mori-No chairlift. It gets better from there - ski over to the Niseko Gondola which gives you some longer and challenging runs.

Things get really interesting if you buy (and you SHOULD) the all mountain ski pass. From the top of the Niseko gondola, you can turn right and WALK about 200m (take it as good exercise) over to the Grand Hirafu ski resort. Here you will have access to some really long runs with lots of powder. It is a little bit more crowded here but still nothing compared to the crowds at Tahoe or Whistler.

Tips :

1. At Grand Hirafu, signage is not as good as Niseko Village. If you are unsure, ski RIGHT once you finish your 200M walk over from the top of the Niseko gondola to access the green run down.
2. lunch at the King Bell over at the Grand Hirafu slopes offers decent food & choices.

6  Thank Benny L
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed a week - the staff at all restaurants and lifts etc are fantastic. At times the lifts and gondola were busy but wait times fine. Ski in and out from the hotel and staff look after all your gear if you are staying at the hotel. All very convenient. If you can afford it, stay at the Hilton. Wonderful onsen on site too.

1  Thank OzCal