Ways to Experience Bhutan Private Day Tours
from $1,912.50
More Info
from $2,224.17
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 1, 2018

Horrible experience....no proper communication...even after reaching destination , had to request owners to contact ....poor connectivity and at Zuluk, had to wait one hour at 3 PM without lunch for confirmation, We were 6 in No and 4 are 55 - 62 years old. I am a senior citizen and suffering from respiratory problem and therefore doctor advised not to stay at upper Zuluk in the night. Requested for home stay at Lower Zuluk and they verbally confirmed that rooms would be provided at lower Zuluk. After reaching Lingtum, I came to know that the rooms allotted were at Upper Zuluk. Immediately, I contacted Three people of Denjong and requested them to arrange rooms at Lower Zuluk. After 2/3 calls , they did not bother ( even higher up management) to pick up the phone. Last, we were at Rolep and one room was without attached bath. It was a bitter experience about DENJONG. D,NAWN

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed June 28, 2018

I cannot say enough about the magic of this experience. Our visit to Bhutan was perfect in every way. From the seamless logistics of permits and hotels, managed by Jill/Cypress Himalaya, to the connection and deep friendship we shared with our guides--Kinley and Sangay. We felt so well supported--which allowed us to experience Bhutan with open hearts, curiosity and a sense of adventure. I am already planning another visit. Bhutan is precious.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Ruth W
Reviewed June 20, 2018

What an experience! Cypress Himalaya & Jill worked with my group of 5 women to visit in April-May 2018. They put together an amazing 17 day itinerary that met our interests. Daily hiking along scenic rivers and up into remote monasteries, cultural experiences, meditating and meeting monks & learning about Bhutanese textiles. Kinley, our guide, was insightful into our style and was able to offer impromptu events and activities that were truly magical! My experience with Cypress Himalaya and Bhutan exceeded my expectations tenfold. Their pre-trip planning and support was superb and the skill that Kinley shared his knowledge and cheer made the trip amazingly easy and life changing!! Thank you!!

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank MethowGirl2014
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

I spent 7 days in Bhutan. My private guide was Tsering Penjor from Bhutan Personal Tours and Treks. He made all the arrangements for the daily tours.
The first town we visited was Paro very close to the only international airport in Bhutan. Paro is in a valley and is full of treasures. During 3 days in Paro we visited:
- Rinpung Dzong
- Sangchen Choekhor Goenpa
- Kunga Chöling Lhakhhang
- Jangtsa Dumtseg Lhakhang
- Zangtok Pelri monastery
- Archery Competition
We then went to Thimphu, the capital of Bhutan and largest town.
In Thimphu we visited the following sites:
Institute for Zorig Chusum (Arts and Crafts)
- Buddha Dordenma
- Memorial Chhorten (Stupa)
- Thimphu Weekend Market
- Tashichho Dzong
Our driver Tsengjo, who is very corteous and very safe driver then took us from Thimphu to Punakha. On the way we stopped at the Dochula Pass and visited the famous 108 stupas (Druk Wangyal Chortens).
In Punakha we visited the Punakha Dzong, the most beautiful Dzong in Bhutan. Very impressive.
Bhutan is a very beautiful country with well preserved architecture. It is worth visiting. However, trekking up the steep hills during several hours to visit some of the monasteries can be exhausting.
There are very few western tourists in Bhutan. Most of the tourist are from India.
The food in Bhutan is mediocre, and there is room for improvement at the hotels, specially because the heating is inadequate at night.
Nevertheless, I am very happy that I went to Bhutan, and that Tsering Penjor was my private guide. He is very knowledgeable, very corteous, very flexible, and he got out of his way to accomodate to my preferences, and he took excellent care of me.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank CHARLES D
Reviewed June 6, 2018

Cypress Himalaya Tours and Treks made our trip a true once in a life time experience! Dealing with the company in the US, Jill< was so easy because she worked with us way in advance which made the trip stress free. Kinley, our tour guide,was amazing! He was so knowledgeable and friendly and we got to experience things that most people could only dream of! If Bhutan is on your bucket list look no further because Cypress Himalaya Tours and Treks is by far the best and I cant wait to go back!

Date of experience: April 2018