At first, Bhutan is a unique and absolutelu outstanding destination.
Uma - one of a few luxury hotels in whole Kingdom.
The hotel is very good with their reception area and restaurant.
Fab SPA! The best ever! The masseurs are brilliant.
But, we had some issues.
1) We booked deluxe room with valley view and balcony. But were put in ordinary room with NO view and NO balcony. Described as Forest view (and 100$ cheaper), we asked the reception to do something. The answer was We are fully booked. Tonight and tomorrow. No apologies. No refunds. Finally, after 5 times at the reception, calling to the management of our travel company and Uma's management, we were moved at the next day (not fully booked?).
2) Very loud rooms. You, probably, can not sleep.
3) Very cold at the hotel and restaurant in November.
But, overall, there is no better choice, obviously. Enjoy the other things!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Uma Paro offers luxury in the heart of Bhutan. Hotel guests enjoy sweeping views of the pristine Himalayas from the 37-acre estate, comprising a mere 20 rooms and nine villas with a design that is a subtle fusion of indigenous style, and a fresh, clean-lined modernism. COMO Uma Paro also offers adventure. The town of Paro, Bhutan's main cultural hub, lies nearby. Hiking, mountain biking and overnight luxury camping trips are all available. Guests can later restore and indulge in vital holistic therapies at COMO Shambhala Retreat, and dine in style at the Bukhari Restaurant, where local Bhutanese produce is blended with Indian and Western cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith and Booking.com so you can book your COMO Uma Paro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uma Paro Hotel Paro
- Uma Hotel Paro
- Paro Uma Hotel