All reviews the cottages oldest hotel main building paro valley big hotel pine trees deluxe cottage hot water wi fi two single beds barking dogs hill overlooking dining room hill top dinner buffet restaurant staff comfortable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

We got negative vibes the moment we entered the hotel. While our booking for 17-21 April was accepted with difficulty, the one for 21-22 April was declined. This was despite the fact that we had requested for confirmation of the booking well in advance on April 14, and our credit card account was charged a month earlier on March 16.
The room allotted to us was not cleaned properly, the bathroom mirror was scratched, the netted window was not sealed allowed insects and flies to come in, and the ceiling light with provision for 3 bulbs had just one!
We got some of the things attended to, but then resigned to our situation, passing the time without complaining.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arvind K
Reviewed April 20, 2019

This hotel looks and feels like a lodge in a forested area. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's GREAT. Unfortunately my room wasn't so nice. The paint on walls in my room was drab and there were stains. The towels were dingy. The walls of the room were done in a Bhutanese stye, but the bathroom didn't match. The contrast between the two was jarring. Also, the hot water ran out quickly. I wonder if other rooms looked the same or if there was a difference between the main building and the cottages.

The wifi in my room wasn't that great.

That said...the staff were VERY nice. I appreciated the fact that they called me my second night there to ask if I was having dinner. (I had eaten out earlier.) . That was nice. They also asked if I wanted a boxed breakfast since I was leaving at 05:00. That was nice, as well. Food is served buffet style and it was good.

Final point: As near as I could tell, this hotel is not near anything that you can walk to. That's ok, but know that in advance.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank EphraimWilliams
Reviewed April 19, 2019

We checked in on 19/5/19 in a standard room costing us Rs 6000/- a day without breakfast. The room 212 was unclean, dusty carpet, with smudged old mirror, hairy bathroom floor, fused bulbs in the room,and manager inaccessible! Staff on duty is indifferent .All the care and attention lavished on white foreigners,expecting higher tips?

Room tip: I have no idea of what rooms will be best,the hotel being packed to capacity had no choice. I will never recommend this place to anyone.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank arundhatideosthale
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

We were a group of 8 birdwatchers and this was our last hotel on our 18 day trip in Bhutan. We stayed 2 nights, our room was a very comfortable twin bedded room, very spacious, warm.
There was a T.V. Kettle, with tea & coffee, electric heater, hairdryer, bottled water.
The bathroom was on the small side but was adequate and the over the bath shower always had lots of hot water. Good quality towels.
Evening meals were buffet style with a good selection of meat, fish and vegetables. Very nice soup and even a dessert!
Our rooms were serviced daily. They have a small shop downstairs with souvenirs. Good WiFi. Restaurant staff very nice.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Lizzie0909
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

Great stay. Staff of hotel very helpful and polite. Big hotel with ample parking space.Rooms are quite spacious and well maintained with modern facilities. Breakfast was nicely spread and staff at restaurant were good.

Trip type: Traveled with family