“2nd Visit : hotel is a little tired”

and 1 more site!
Tiger's Nest Resort
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Paro
India
“2nd Visit : hotel is a little tired”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to the hotel in 2 years. The location is wonderful and has fantastic view of the unbelievable Tatsang Monastery at Tiger's Nest. We stayed in R.No 105 for 2 nights and found the shower didn't work. The room heater was inadequate and the management though still the same, was tad tired. Perhaps it was their lean season; there were only two serving staff. Breakfast was mediocre. Dinner was splendid though. Internet worked even in the rooms, unlike most hotels in Bhutan which have wi-fi restricted only to lobby.

It is one of our favorite hotels in Bhutan and I hope the owners do a refit of the plumbing. In Paro, will still select this hotel for value and serenity.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view of the Tiger's nest monastery . Request to check the bathroom before a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WanderingStar2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Thanks to the generous and cordial hospitality of a very friendly manager and his team of staff, my three nights' stay at Paro after a messy whirlwind tour of North Bengal was just as relaxing and homely as I had wanted it to be. Lovely decor, freshly prepared food, very clean and cosy room with all standard amenities, peaceful ambience, great location and a very friendly, helpful and accommodative staff ... all these made my stay in Bhutan more enjoyable and refreshing. Right from the beginning the service was excellent and always on time. Since it was Winter they provided one room heater and offered to arrange one more on demand. Very kind of them indeed!They even helped me set up a daily itinerary for sight seeing trips in and around Paro and arranged a friendly guide and a car at a very reasonable rate. I wish I had a few more days at hand to enjoy their hospitality a little more.

In short, I visited Bhutan after a gap of 20 long years......and Tiger's Nest made me fall in love with this beautiful country and it's lovely people once more. I will always cherish this memory in my heart and will be looking forward to come back to Bhutan....to Paro...and to Tiger's Nest many times more in near future.

Room Tip: Always get in touch with the manager by email etc. in advance and let them know about your preferenc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank s_shan_12
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just visited Bhutan both thimpu and paro. Temperature was close to 0 degree. Spent 2 nights in a mediocre hotel in thimpu and after that Tiger nest hotel just gave us the holiday we needed. We should have stayed one additional day here (maybe next time) this is the thought that we have now. It’s a nice place, nice décor and nice view. Though some areas of improvement is there because this place stops serving lunch after 3 and this didn’t suit me :( I want my lunch to be ready when I am ready because I am paying for it and I am here to enjoy not to obey rules. Some fast food options need to be introduced (if you are unable to provide lunch). Rest everything is worth admiring.
Keep up the good work. See you next time.
For future travelers please go for room with terrace view because they are the best also there are some spots for you naughty travelers where you can use free wifi :) (you will find it out)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 2Raffee
BishnuSharma, Manager at Tiger's Nest Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Raffee, Greeting from Thunder Dragon,
Thank u very much for you pleasant stay at Tiger Nest Resort and for the nice trip in Bhutan.

October & November is the bussiest month , mainly our guest is from abroad and we always serve them buffet meal, For seventy-eighty guest preparation will start latest by 2:30Pm for the dinner , so that ,the kitchen team get a ample time for the preparation , (and the dinner time start by 6:30PM)that why we have make a time table for the meals, so, after 3:00 PM in peak season we don,t take lunch order. please make your next vist in off season we will exceed your expectactions even better during your next vist.

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time for sharing your impression of Tiger Nest Resort
Tashi delek
Bishnu Sharma
Dhaka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed couple of nights on October. Except some unwanted mishap it was a nice staying.

The hotel decor is as good as its location. The room was with wonderful valley view. The restaurant is a vegetarian one. However, they arrange non-veg upon advance request. Food was good. Breakfast was very basic one. Wifi was available on lobby area.

However, they can improve in 2 areas I believe. There was a gap between bathtub and adjacent wall (room-104). So after taking bath whole floor was flooded with water. Also, due to winter there was no water available in bathroom from morning. It seemed, it is a common phenomena as per their reaction. Hotel management arranged hot waters in bucker after half hour of my complain but the situation was not comfortable without water. I feel on such weather, they should inform the guests well advance that such incident can happen so that people can take preparation accordingly.

Regardless, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much. The staffs were cordial and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to my friends, just check the room amenities before check in :)

Room Tip: Pick a room facing terrace
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank war_rahman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had a very good time in Paro and our stay in Tiger Nest Hotel was excellent. Hotel staff were very friendly and accommodative, particularly Bishnu, the hotel manager. The food was good and fresh. The rooms are well maintained with very nice view. I highly recommend this hotel to tourists and visitors.

Room Tip: Corners rooms are good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

If you want to get away from every day stress and anxiety of city life to somewhere you can find peace and tranquility, Paro is the place for you. Here, your ears will hear the sound of quietness, your eyes can rest on the picturesque view of peacefulness, your lungs breathe the fresh and pure air, your mouth taste the fresh fruits and vegetables and your heart brings out the happiness in you.
When I (with my family) planned to visit Bhutan, little did I know about the “Gross National Happiness”, but after the three days visit I come back home embracing the philosophy of Bhutan’s governing principle where people’s collective happiness is the center of national growth and development (instead of Gross Domestic Product).
In Paro, we stayed at the Tiger Nest Resort, which I highly recommend for tourists, visitors and friends. The hotel has a scenic view from the rooms and a hanging terrace, and you can see the clouds playing at the fold of the hills and sun giving lights and colors to the game. You can also have an excellent view of the Taktshang (Tiger’s nest monastery) located on the face of a cliff, built in 1692, with a protective gaze on Paro valley. The sound of running water coming from nearby water fall is like music of life. The Tiger Nest Resort is only 15 minutes drive from the International Paro airport and 10 minutes drive from Paro town. The resort has all modern facilities and you will feel at home by the warm hospitality of the staff members. The Manager, Mr. Vishnu, has all the information around Paro and can help you plan your activities during your stay there. The food is healthy and rooms are clean well maintained.
This brief review will remain incomplete if I do not touch upon the river Paro, and her rivulets, that accompanied us wherever we went, carrying her beauty, glittering with clean water and pebbles and stones of different sizes. And finally, the beautiful houses showing the artistic minds and skills of the people who occupy them and the richness of the steppes cropping and lush of greenery that surrounds the houses makes you think ‘I wish I lived here’. I will end here by saying – “Nature is Happiness”.

Munmun
Dhaka

Room Tip: Corner rooms have excellent view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Munmun_12
Crestone, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have stayed at Tiger's Nest many times over the last twelve years during my visits to Bhutan. I have enjoyed my stays there very much, both in the old facility and the new one which is very comfortable.

This place has traditional Bhutanese architecture, with modern facilities (WiFI/internet, TV etc.), and a good view of the famous Taktsang (Tigernest monastery). I like the home cooked meals. For elderly folks, who cannot make the 3 hour hike to the monastery on the cliff; this is your best place to view it up close-- the reception even has a telescope you can borrow for viewing the scenic spots. I discovered some nice walks away from the road traffic. The area is popular with spiritual teachers and healers who visit Bhutan; there were meditation sessions and teaching seminars happening.

The hotel staff have all been kind and hospitable. I recommend Tiger's Nest especially for the location though.

David Elliott, Crestone, Colorado, USA

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paro
Olathang Hotel
#4 of 36 in Thimphu
Gangtey Palace Hotel
Naksel Boutique Hotel & SPA
Namsey Chholing Resort

Been to Tiger's Nest Resort? Share your experiences!