“good Italian”

Luigi's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #88 of 188 Restaurants in Campbell
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed July 24, 2012

great place the food was good and have differant portions size for thbe little appetite or a full for the bigger eaters

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Several months ago I was in the area with the kids and they were hitting the tipping point so we decided to find something to eat. One thing we can usually agree on is Italian food and we saw Luigi's so we stopped.

Its not a fancy place. Order at the counter and grab a table (and grab silverware along the way).

The stromboli was very good. It arrived steaming, with sauce bubbling. All of the ingredients tasted fresh - the cheese, dough, sauce. It was so large that I could only deal with about one third of it. The kids ordered a pizza and gave it a thumbs up.

We went back again today. This time I had the alfredo chicken, my wife had chicken parmigiana and the kids had pizza. Our meals were all great and again we had enough to bring home for another meal or two.

The salad bar is pretty weak - something I didn't try last time.

I will say that the prices are on the steep side. I think it was about $46 for all of us (not counting drinks).

Having been to Luigis twice now, my feeling is that the food is good (not great) and the relatively high prices make it not such a great value. We've had good experience with all of the entrees so far. The salad bar is lame. I'd probably eat there again because the food is good and the family will leave happy -- but I'd just as soon try something else.

As far as my opinion / rating is concerned, the entrees were above average (4) but the prices and the salad bar drag it down to a 3.

4  Thank Eric H
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We were heading back from Campbell Farmers Market and needed to find somewhere to have lunch. All of the restaurants around the downtown area were packed because of the Market so we decided to get in the car and stop when we saw somewhere to eat. We saw Luigi's, it looked ok from the outside (it's in a strip mall with a Safeway). Large sign out front with lots of local radio/newspaper recommendations so we thought it must be nice. It had all the usual Italian fare, spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna etc but the prices were kind of high for lunch. But we thought it must be good if it was expensive, right? No. It was terrible. Firstly, the price for two entrees and a mini kids cheese pizza was $45. I had the spaghetti and meatballs and the meat sauce was Ragu or something similar, and not a good one. My husband had chicken alfredo and the pasta was congealed and greasy and the chicken tasted like it was out of a can. My son's cheese pizza was fine, but you can't go too far wrong with a cheese pizza. This was definitely a bad choice for lunch, we won't be back, and I'd suggest you avoid it too. I'm sure there are lots of other restaurants in the area that are less expensive and serve much nicer food.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Not fancy, but good food...beef tortelini alfredo is good with a sausage and mushroom pizza

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook