“Birthday Bonanza”
Review of Kyoto Palace

Kyoto Palace
Reserve with OpenTable
Kyoto Palace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 188 Restaurants in Campbell
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Campbell
Transit: Bus stop directly in front of Shopping Center and Hamilton Ave. light rail stop walking distance.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

A family trip to Kyoto Palace for my daughter's birthday and it appeared everyone in the room was there for the same reason. I'm not sure I've sung as many 'Happy Birthday to....' to strangers in the whole of my life as I did last night.

The reason is clear - this is a by-the-numbers teppanyaki restaurant. It definitely isn't sophisticated but it is a fun family meal as the kids love to see what is being cooked and the chef's culinary antics are always entertaining even when they are learned by rote.

They also have a sushi bar there but we didn't experience that

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Dropped in one evening after walking by several times. Should have kept going. The staff were UNINVITING. Didn't ask or acknowledge it was our first time there. If there was a system to being served, we didn't know it and weren't informed. After 10 minutes, no one waited on us in the bar area and we walked out. No one acknowledged that either!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Though I haven't eaten in the main restaurant in a long time, I really enjoy meeting friends at the Kyoto Palace for a fun, affordable sushi happy hour. The bar at Kyoto Palace is very spacious and comfortable, the staff is really friendly and attentive, and the happy hour prices on the fresh and tasty sushi are terrific! The great happy hour prices are offered from 4 to 7 pm Monday through Friday, and it is a great place to go to eat and drink your fill without breaking the bank.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is a great place to go with the family. We visited for a kid's birthday and had a great time. The entertainment value is very high though it can vary based on the experience and "tricks" the chef you get is capable of. My experience is that the steaks tend to be mediocre unless you move up to the filet mignon. I stick to the shrimp and scallops which are fantastic. Also with the fried rice, salad and soup I often share a meal and still have plenty of food. Keep your eyes out on restaurant.com for discount coupons - you can usually pick up a $25 coupon for $10 which helps :-)

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Sushi is wonderful...Teppanyaki tables are fun. Definitely upscale and a little expensive...but wonderful!

1  Thank RadioLady2011