“This is my new first Campbell hotel choice”

Residence Inn San Jose Campbell
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
Portland, Oregon
“This is my new first Campbell hotel choice”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Loved this Residence Inn. Spacious, clean room. Good bed and nice, soft bedding. Plenty of plugs for charging all that technology we travel with. Desk or kitchen counter provided plenty of space to work. Friendly, helpful staff. Responsive housekeeping. Great breakfast with many choices. Well-located - close,but not too close, to freeways.

Room Tip: We stayed in a front room, closest to street and office. It was just fine. We did not notice any str...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RI_SanJoseCampbell, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your great review! We are glad that your experience was in line with our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.

We look forward to being your preferred hotel in Campbell! We hope you have a prosperous 2014.

Jessika Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The staff here are friendly and ready to serve. I stayed here for four days over Christmas, so most days I put up the "Do Not Disturb" sign and slept in. I was able to request and secure whatever I wanted later when I asked for it at the front desk (extra towels, coffee, etc.).

Breakfast is included in the price, the usual eggs, waffles, sausages, toast, cereal, juice and coffee served nearly everywhere—nothing outstanding, but a nice way to start the day without having to make an extra stop... like having a Denny's right outside your door.

This Residence Inn has a small pool and hot tub; they seemed well tended and clean, but I didn't give them a try this time around. It is in a quiet location, with convenience stores nearby, and a great Indian restaurant just down the road.

My impressions: First class service with friendly people and quiet, large, well-tended rooms (even had a fireplace!).

Room Tip: All rooms provide full kitchens and necessary wares, sleeping accommodations for up to three people...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Barry,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review! I am pleased to hear we were able to accommodate your housekeeping requests and that our breakfast got your day off to the right start. We pride ourselves in friendly service.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a few days and noticed the staff were really friendly and helpful. They even helped me adjusted some errors on my bill after I checked out (it was my fault for not having certain documents ready)

Rooms are spacious and well equipped. I haven’t seen too many Residence Inn that come with an oven. There are even Pyrex glass containers in cabinet in case you want to bring lunch. :) Lobby always has coffee and some fruit available which is a plus. I know someone did not like the hotel’s dinner offerings but I had no problems with it. Just don’t expect an restaurant meal and everything will be fine. The only comment I have is that their gym is pretty stuffy and there’s no towels there every time I went in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RI_SanJoseCampbell, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hello Shashac,

I am thrilled to discover that you enjoyed our hotel! We pride ourselves in guest service and are glad to hear we were able to achieve 100% guest satisfaction with your stay. I have already had a meeting to ensure Housekeeping stocks the gym towels regularly.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,

Colorado
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The location is very quiet, considering the area. The rooms were well kept and spacious. I was told that they had a made to order breakfast (ala Embassy Suites) which wasn't the case. But, the breakfast was okay, just wouldn't want to continue that for any length of time. The business center was a little desk with an old, very slow computer in the hallway between the office and the backdoor....I was going sans computer this trip, thinking I could use the business center. It was really too slow (I think they didn't attend to the updates) to be of any use. The people are friendly and helpful, and, again, the room was quiet and pleasant.

Room Tip: ask for one in the back or facing the courtyard
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your feedback. We have updated our business center computer and are looking into further improvements. Also, I apologize for the misunderstanding with our breakfast.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Best Wishes,

San Jose, California
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We recently moved back to the USA from England and needed a pet-friendly hotel for a few days. I would swear our room had just been renovated as it was so clean and attractive. The rooms are large so there is plenty of room to spread out. We were totally impressed by the friendly and helpful front desk and breakfast buffet staff also. The breakfast buffet was wonderful -- lots of choices, food was fresh and it changes a little each day. They charge an extra $100 for a pet for the stay. It's well worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RI_SanJoseCampbell, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hi Cathy,

Welcome back to US! The Residence Inn team here in Campbell are happy to hear that your stay with us was pleasant.

We really appreciate your feedback! This will ensure that we continue to strive to provide you and all of our guests with superior customer service.

Penn Valley, California
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great bed, clean comfortable room, friendly staff, good breakfast, great weekend rate paid. I think this place is awesome. Kudos to the management for treating your staff well--they treat your guests well and it shows. I asked for a room with good internet, ground floor and that's what I got.

Rohamil,

Thank you for recent review of our hotel! Our staff strives for comments such as yours, I will share this with our team and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Warm Regards,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We relocated from London to San Jose for work and needed a base while we found a place of our own. We stayed at the Residence Inn, Campbell, San Jose for about two weeks and we couldn't have been happier.
Every single member of staff, from the manager and receptionists, to the cleaners and maintenance people made our stay a joy. they were all exceptionally polite, professional, efficient and kind. We really got the impression that they cared.
Even though our apartment was only one-bed, one-bath, it was designed well and didn't feel cramped at all. The kitchen was also a good size and well equipped.
It's about a 20 minute drive to downtown (for work), and Campbell, which has a lovely little high street with interesting shops, restaurants and bars is a 10 minute drive.
The Residence Inn has a happy hour with free drinks and snacks every evening, and breakfast is provided too.
All in all, I'd stay there again and would definitely recommend it to others.
Thank you Residence Inn, Campbell for a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hi Melissa,

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the service you recieved while you found a new place to live in the area. We strive to always provide all of our guests with superior customer service. We try and provide service so memerable that our guests tell stories about us. I can see that we are moving in the right direction.

Thank you for your business! We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging. Welcome to San Jose!

In Hospitality,

Adam Sahagun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbell
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza
Larkspur Landing Campbell
Bristol Hotel
Bristol Hotel
#3 of 9 in Campbell
Courtyard San Jose Campbell
TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell
Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos

Been to Residence Inn San Jose Campbell? Share your experiences!