“If internet, tv, workout and quiet are important to you, look elsewhere.”

Residence Inn San Jose Campbell
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
The Woodlands, Texas
“If internet, tv, workout and quiet are important to you, look elsewhere.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel was booked because it was the ONLY Marriott property close to where I was traveling for business. I wish I had looked outside of the brand. These are apartments converted into hotels, but the noise is still apartment quality. The guests upstairs from me kept me up most of the evening with the up and down on the stairs. Do NOT get a downstairs room. The wireless and in room LAN line were TERRIBLE. I asked maintenance to reset them several times, and that seemed to do the trick for about an hour, but it kept going back to slow and inconsistent connectivity. FYI-I travel for business and am VERY capable of troubleshooting wifi issues. I was told by the technician that the modem reset for my area of the "hotel" was in a guest’s room and they would have to disturb them to keep resetting. The television has HD, but it doesn't work, and was constantly skipping due to signal issues. This was not weather related, as the non-HD channels seemed to be better. However, the TV signal was problematic the entire stay, and since the internet didn’t work, entertainment options were limited. The "gym" or fitness center had one working treadmill, but it the incline didn't work. The staff is friendly, so there is that. I will NOT be visiting this property again. If you are looking for a roomy stay with no concern over amenities, then this might be the property for you.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs or be prepared to be kept up.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RI_SanJoseCampbell, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I want to initially thank you for such detailed feedback, you're absolutely correct in acknowledging that we need to address these issues. I want to sincerely apologize for your more than unsatisfactory visit to our hotel, we strive to make each guest experience pleasant and unique and clearly we have fell short of this expectation you have come to know with Marriott.

I would like you to know we are in the process of reviewign the interent services we are provided, to uncover the issues and ensure this is not a problem. We have adopted new framework for our engineering department's inspection of rooms prior to guest arrival to ensure that the internet & television is in working. Unfortunately, during your stay our network provider, World Cinema, had an outage that took several days to fix.

I will personally check all equipment in the fitness center to ensure it is in working order as this is the first time the issue has been brought to my attention, so that we can work to get the equipment repaired.

Again I want to express my full apology for what appears to be a breakdown in service and quality in the name of a great Marriott brand. I do assure you we have addressed the issues you have brought to our attention and do appreciate your full disclosure in all matters.

At Marriott we highly value your business and continued loyalty, thank you again for reaching out to address these concerns.

Kind regards,

Residence Inn by Marriott San Jose/ Campbell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Rancho Murieta, California
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family of 4 (two kids ages 9 and 11) had a wonderful experience with this hotel. The pricing was exceptional and the proximity to Santa Cruz was a quick and easy drive. My family will stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel for other families.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RI_SanJoseCampbell, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff of the Residence Inn by Marriott in Campbell, thank you for your lovely comments regarding our hotel. We are delighted that your family enjoyed their stay! We most deifnitely a "hop, skip & jump" away from Santa Cruz. We hope you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to the Campbell area as it would be our pleasure to be of service to you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Residence Inn has become our first choice in terms of comfort and value in our travels. This little hideaway is very understated from the street but a gem once you park and check in. The staff is friendly, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, there is plenty of space and a nice well appointed kitchen. Breakfast was always hot and fresh in the morning. If you need to get back to your room early or can't make your groups fancy expense account dinner there is a hot meal at the end of the day that is good and comforting. Complementary beer is on tap and wine in the chiller. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
On behalf of the entire staff of the Residence Inn by Marriott in Campbell, thank you for your warm comments regarding our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed their stay! Our hotel is nestled off the road which does give it an understatement, and we appreciate you for recognizing that. The foilage and trees make it feel more private, and we are glad that our setting provided comfort to you during your travels. When you return to the Campbell Area, we look forward to hosting you again. Thank you!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a good place to stay for the business traveler. The hotel is in a good location (walking distance to grocery store and good restaurants). There is free breakfast and dinner each day which isn't bad. There is also a keg in the lobby which I thought was pretty neat! I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are so glad you find the Residence Inn here in Campbell as your home away from home! That's what we want all our guests to experience. Between the breakfast daily, our Welcome Home Receptions, food options are plentiful avaialbe. Thanks again for the four star rating, and please come stay with us on your next trip to the Campbell area. We would love to be of service to you again.
New Jersey
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The staff here are warm, friendly, and willing to answer any question you might have. I interacted with nearly everyone from the front desk, the kitchen, and maintenance during our long stay. This is one reason I would definitely return.
This property reminds me of a small condo or apartment complex. There are 10 building pods, with what I'd guess to be 6-8 units per pod. There is no elevator, so if you mind carting your belongings upstairs, then request a ground floor unit.
We stayed in a studio suite. The kitchen and bar-seating look to be upgraded in the past couple of years. Our unit had service for four, a few pots, and serving/storage bowls which we found adequate four our needs. The bathroom is nestled in a nook, with shower and low-flow toilet confined in a smallish space, the sink and vanity just outside. the vanity has large drawers to store your clothing. Walls are sound-insulated, so we did not hear our neighbors.
Breakfast is served each morning, and a happy hour each evening. We found the breakfast room crowed only once during our stay, but then we tended to arrive in the last half hour. It is landscaped pleasantly, and the pool area is clean. There is a laundry room (quarters avail from front desk), but I found a clean laundromat 2 blocks away near Curtner and Union Ave, that I used a few times. The exercise room is small but adequate.
I felt safe here. Though there is shopping nearby, it is not within walking distance.
One slight negative is the parking. Many stalls are narrow, in an effort to accommodate all the guests. We always found a space, however there is street parking on busy S. Bascom Ave.
Small pets are allowed here, there's a small grassy area at the rear of the complex.

Room Tip: No elevators. Quieter towards the back.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your resourceful and positive review. We take great pride in our customer service & making our guests feel warm & welcome. With our private setting our parking lot is smaller than most however can accomodate all guests when fully committed and am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Wehny ou return to the Campbell area, we would love to host you again.
Norhern california
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great hotel and great amenities especially when traveling with kids. The suite witht he loft was very spacious abd plenty of room for the kids to move around. Is a pet friendly hotel and thats a plus. Stay away from Highway 17 south during rush hour becasue that 25 mile drive to Santa Cruz will end up 1+ hour and is bumper to bumper.

The suite has a full kitchen with all of the cooking accesories and above average facilities. Staff is super friendly!!

Room Tip: Go for the suite with the loft
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Penthouse Loft Style Suite. On behalf of our entire staff we thank you for your great four star review. Should you return to the Campbell area or to Santa Cruz we would love to host you.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Large room with full kitchen and excellent facilities. The staff were friendly and were really helpful for someone who had never been in the area before.

Breakfast was included in the price as was dinner on some nights of the week. There is also a period of time where beer is served free of charge. It was great to come in after a days work and relax with a beer or two.

There is free WiFi throughout the location and a very reasonable laundry which was very handy for me as I did not pack nearly enough clothes for my trip. There is also a small gym and a pool.

My only complaint is that there does not appear to be much in the area and having a car is a must.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cormicz
We thanky ou for your five star review! On behalf of the entire staff I thank you for your positve feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! Should you return to the Campbell Area, we would enjoy hosting you again. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbell
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza
Larkspur Landing Campbell
Bristol Hotel
Bristol Hotel
#3 of 9 in Campbell
Courtyard San Jose Campbell
TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell
Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos

Been to Residence Inn San Jose Campbell? Share your experiences!