“Worth every pennie”

Carlyle Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
“Worth every pennie”
Reviewed July 12, 2006

I stayed at the Carlyle during my business stay, Carlyle had friendly, prompt staff as well a great deco hotel. Rooms were very clean and spacious. For what I paid, I got a great breakfast. This was my first stay at this hotel, I have always stayed at the other hotels in Campbell, but by far this is worth evry pennie,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
San Francisco
Reviewed June 4, 2006

Fairly ordinary on the outside, located on a busy street near freeway ramps, and next door to Motel 6, but inside it looks like a first class hotel on Nob Hill in San Francisco! Elegant lobby with sculptures and fine furniture. Spacious room with armchair, desk, fridge, and lots of storage space that I didn't need, but someone on an extended stay would like. Huge bathroom had a big tub with two shower heads, and quality toiletries provided.

No pool, but ground-floor back rooms open onto an outside sitting area with patio furniture.

Little amenities put this above an "average" hotel, like complimentary laundry, complimentary computer and printer in the lobby for guests, and full hot breakfast buffet with eggs, sausage, pastries, fruit, etc. The breakfast area looks like the dining room in a fine restaurant.

When I went to the lobby in the morning, the desk clerk, who had not been on when I checked in, called me by name. I don't know if all the employees know all the guests' names, but this was a more personal level of attention than the average tourist hotel offers.

A couple of reviews here are for the wrong Carlyle Hotel. This hotel is in Campbell, near San Jose, not in Beverly Hills, and has no Indian restaurant nearby and no jacuzzi.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank Frisco_Roadrunner
Oregon City, OR
Reviewed September 25, 2005

I read a review here complaining about their internet service, but I assumed it would be fixed by now, especially considering that most hotels in Silicon Valley
has wireless internet. The first room they put in me got no signal whatsoever.

When I complained at the front desk they at first pretended not to realize there is a problem, but when I mentioned I'd heard other complaints the very nice lady admitted 'it's weak'. They changed my room to one on the ground floor where I could get a very faint signal, but every time I wanted to get online I had to ask the clerk to reboot the server. Basically, don't stay here if you need wireless internet.

Otherwise the place was pretty nice, clean and freindly. Breakfast is not bad, but exactly the same every day. Beds were very soft and felt like foam, not my preference.

Free memebership to nearby health club was a nice bonus.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank VonOregonCity_OR
carlylehotelcampbell, Webmaster at Carlyle Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Carlyle Hotel for your recent stay in our area. I’m glad that you enjoyed the bonus of the free membership to the nearby health club.

• Staff received our commendation for the friendly way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• Housekeeping received our commendation for the level of cleanliness they maintain as our employees.

• Management was approached about the possibility of improving the internet connection.

I hope that the next time you are in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Carlyle Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 8, 2005

The hotel was clean, quiet, and very close to a great Indian restaurant. Unfortunately, their advertised high-speed Internet was a joke--and what's worse--their staff was aware of it. I was there on business and needed in-room Internet in order to be able to take care of client work in the evenings. Not only was I not able to get any wireless Internet in my room, but even in the lobby, the connection was poor. At one point, I was sitting on the floor next to the vending machines at the back of the hotel, as that's where they told me their router was (and the chance of connection the highest). A stop at the front desk was met with a very polite but unhelpful clerk...she knew it didn't work, but I heard her ON THE PHONE with a caller saying that yes, they did have high-speed wireless Internet service! When I asked her why she would tell a person that when it obviously didn't work, she said that they (the staff) had been complaining to the owner forever about the Internet access, but that he hadn't done anything about it...and then she suggested that I write him a letter. Needless to say, the quiet, clean room didn't seem as nice when I couldn't get any work done.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for choosing Carlyle Hotel for your recent stay in our area.

• The owner was approached about either not advertising that they have high speed internet when it isn’t working properly or providing it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Carlyle Hotel. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

North Adams, MA
Reviewed November 28, 2004

Struck us as such an odd hotel, located on a very busy street corner with a rather mundane exterior, but inside its very elegant. Our room was quiet and the full breakfast was impressive, but the bed was no good. We wished they'd spend less on the jacuzzi tub and instant on hot water and more on the mattress and box spring.

1 Thank Ranchojello

Thank you for choosing Carlyle Hotel for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was approached about the possibility of upgrading the beds.

• Breakfast staff received our commendation on their presentation.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Carlyle Hotel. I think you will be greatly pleased.

The Sea Ranch, California
Reviewed September 22, 2004

One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Stayed only one night but will be back. Both the lobby and rooms were beautifully done. Decorated upscale and the breakfast was above usual buffet. The jacuzzi tub an added touch and made our stay so comfortable. I had stayed here a number of years ago and the new renovations are incredible! Owners have really taken pride in their establishment. It was more than I had expected especially for the price! Very clean and quiet. Thank you!

2 Thank Patty B
Reviewed October 22, 2003

Very lovely interior, nice hot buffet breakfast, my daughter loved the jacuzzi tub. Difficult to get into: weird driving and parking arrangements especially if you don't know your way around. It's easy to drive past it, it doesn't look like a hotel and is in a funny (between streets) location. However, it's very nice inside. Didn't have the occasion to need to deal with the service, so can't comment on it.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for choosing Carlyle Hotel for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was approached about the possibility of making the driving and parking easier for our valued guests.

• Breakfast staff received our commendation on their presentation.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Carlyle Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbell
Bristol Hotel
Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos
Toll House Hotel
Toll House Hotel
#1 of 6 in Los Gatos

Been to Carlyle Hotel? Share your experiences!