“Very poor service/pool/food”

Campbell Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
Seattle, WA
Reviewed June 22, 2005

We were very dissapointed by the misleading website, which goes on and on about the european -style breakfast buffet. It consisted of toaster pancakes, TATER-TOTS, which were steamed and soggy, sulphurous eggs, no meat to be had, etc. The web site mentions an afternoon snack in the lounge (doors were locked, lights were out on both afternoons we were there). The pool was cool, but the hot tub was the same temp as the pool, i.e. not hot. After repeated complaints, one of the desk clerks came over and said there "must be some sort of problem".They had the same problem the next day. I think they are to cheap to heat them. Very disappointing with two kids who wanted to spend time in the pool. Then, on the first night, the cable went out in the room. I complained to the very lazy older night clerk, who said that since the TV worked when we got the room, we must have caused the problem so it was not HIS problem. After I continued to complain, he finally said I could change rooms, but the closest room was upstairs at the end. I finally had help from a younger clerk, who helped me move two kids worth of pool toys, etc, to a much closer room, but the VCR was broken in tihs room (my son had picked out a video to watch, actually he was "given" a video by the very inpatient older clerk who thought he was taking to long to decide). The helpful younger clerk tracked down a replacement VCR, but it was 11 pm at this point and we alljust went to sleep.
In this second room my 4 year old found a whole cigarette near the edge of bed, and a dirty pair of women's panties.

• Stayed: April 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Campbell Inn

California
Reviewed May 11, 2004

We stayed at the Campbell Inn last week May 2004
and the room we had with Jacuzzi was nice. I have
to agree with the campbell inn sign. It should be moved. And only turning right to get out was a drag!! The traffic on Campbell Ave was so noisy.
We moved to another room away from the street
and was much better. The hotel maids were great!!

The desk clerk on duty during the day had an attitude. If he doesnt like his job then quit. The
2 day stay was fine other than that.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Springboro, OH
Reviewed April 21, 2004

Selecting the rating was a bit tough.

The breakfast buffet was excellent every morning. Fresh fruit, juices, waffles, bagels, toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, along with good coffee provided a good start to the day.

The room was average but clean, a critical component for me.

You cannot turn left out of the Inn, but can turn left then around at an intersection several hundred feet down the road.

Location near the Campbell Park provided access to walking/biking trails, a flycasting pond, and playground equipment.

• Stayed: March 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tracy, CA
Reviewed February 9, 2004

Not sure if anyone has experienced this type of activity during your stay at the Campbell Inn. My wife and I had reserved a room for my bday for 1 night, that night while we were both asleep my wife was awaken by a noise in the room, when she looked up she saw a ghostly figure of man with his arms crossed watching her. She immideately turned over to hold me, which at the time woke me up. When she looked up she noticed the figure was gone. I myself did not see the figure but felt a cold draft in the room, dont ask me where the draft was coming from cause all the windows were closed as well as the ac/heater was off. Just wired!! Oh yeah, it was room 144

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Jose, CA
Reviewed November 17, 2003

My husband and I reserved two king size rooms to stay in while our home was being remodeled. While we stayed in one room, our twin sons stayed in the other. We ended up staying 7 nights, and they were the worst nights of our lives, thanks to the hiring practices at the Campbell Inn. One of our sons, an Army Specialist, was at home on leave prior to reporting to Ft. Hood, Texas where he is scheduled to deploy to Iraq in January 2004. While staying at the hotel his personal vehicle was stolen by a friend of the night clerk (connection proven beyond a reasonable doubt). Although Campbell Police did recover the vehicle four days later, all our sons military records, personal belongings (only the important ones that he didn't trust to the military movers, like awards, Class A uniforms, Medical Records, Orders, mementos from other duty posts, and other family irreplaceable items, were not recovered. The $400.00 stereo was also taken from the vehicle and a 12-inch blade was left in the car between the door and the drivers seat. The person arrested for this theft is a close friend, gang buddy, and frequent visitor of the night clerk, who loans out hotel rooms to this person and his other buddies at no charge. While we pay $100.00/night to stay in what should be a luxury hotel, our personal belongings are subjected to an element of society that most of us are never exposed to. The thought that this night clerk has access to the master key, meaning all your personal belongings, and your well being, sends shivers down my spine. I would strongly caution anyone thinking of staying at the Campbell Inn to think long and hard and ask yourself if this is the exposure you want to subject yourself or your family members to. As the wife of a 21 year law enforcement employee I can only tell you I was shocked beyond belief and I have never felt to violated as I do now that I've experienced a stay at the Campbell Inn. Guest BEWARE!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 5, 2003

I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars.They have VCRs in the room with free rentals and a pretty good collection in the lobby. The room was huge, and the buffet was great.What really bugs about the hotel: you can only make a right turn out of the parking lot. As you look to your left to watch for oncoming traffic, the view is obstructed by the stupid hotel sign. Very annoying and dangerous, as the traffic really zooms by. Then you have to go to the next light, turn left, and swing a U-ey into a park area which is also difficult since all the spaces are usually taken. Campbell Inn, move your dumb sign further in please.

5  Thank sdjimbob
California
Reviewed June 23, 2003

The service at this hotel was the worst I have ever experienced! We booked 4 rooms for the entire weekend and had a total of 8 children with us. They booked a private party at the pool, so none of the paying guests were allowed to use the pool or jacuzzi. There was never a manager on site, so we left messages. Then the Management didn't have the tact or professionalism to return our phone messages to discuss it.
Instead he left a message with his lobby staff to tell us that it was just too bad we would not be able to use the pool area. Needless to say they were very dissappointed! We will never stay here, or at another Campbell Hotel again.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member