Campbell Inn
$106
Motel 6
Larkspur Landing Campbell(Campbell)(Great Value!)
$195
$213
Bristol Hotel(Campbell)(Great Value!)
$189
TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell(Campbell)(Great Value!)
$279
Carlyle Hotel(Campbell)
$169
$444
Courtyard San Jose Campbell(Campbell)(Great Value!)
$395
$339
Hotwire.com
$399
  • Breakfast included
Studios Inn(San Jose)
Priceline
All reviewssan joseincluded scrambled eggsroom furnishingscampbell areacampbell avenueshower and toiletmotel styleroom pricefree breakfast isrooms are largecoffee makermini fridgehotel is locatedan older hotelairport shuttlethe room was nicefreeway
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Campbell Inn is a local institution, it’s been here forever. It is in a great location: close to many businesses and to the 17/880 on-ramps (on Hamilton), and just a few minutes walk to either The Pruneyard or downtown Campbell shopping & restaurant scenes. Running along the edge of the property is the lovely Los Gatos trail for walking, jogging or biking.

On the other side of the ledger, the Campbell Inn is a grand old lady, neglected and waiting to die, or at least be sold and dramatically remodeled or the site re-purposed. Maintenance is poor – as evidenced by poorly fitting doors and windows, cold water that runs hot and wasps in the bathroom crawling free among the towels. Completing the scene is an utterly disinterested front desk staff who have diplomas in Don’t Care, Don’t Know and Won’t Help.

Demand for rooms in this area keeps room rates up, but it’s poor value. Overall a sad experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ANDREW C
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Nothing fancy, but the room was clean and had the essentials. Location is good if you want/need lower cost accommodation in the heart of Silicon Valley area. Free breakfast is on a par with those generally available as 'free'...but again, basic/straight forward. The pool area looks nice in the evening, probably not a bad place to sit with a glass of wine one evening (no bar, so bring your own).

Room Tip: Don't expect too much - just a value based hotel near the action of the Valley
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank grahambolt98
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband had rented the best room that this place had as a surprise for me on valentine's day. We arrived shortly after 7:00pm and checked in. when we pulled around to our room, the first thing we were hit with was the sound of a small dog barking and barking. My husband tells me that this place has a no pet policy, yet right across from our room is someone with a small barking dog. It's barking went on for over an hour. Next, the rooms are small and smell manky, (like dirty socks), okay I can spray some of my perfume around to help with that. Then, the room had a double jacuzzi tub in it. I went to check it out before filling it, the inside of the jets were black. Okay, i am thinking I will just clean them. Now, mind you I am still dressed up from going out to dinner with my husband. So, I get a small brush out of my make-up bag and start to clean the jets. Meanwhile my husband starts to run some water into the tub to flush the grime out of the jets. We notice that the faucet is almost coming off, he turns on the water - AND - the jets all pop out and water starts shooting everywhere!!! I am backed up against the wall on far side of the bathroom be soaked. He finally gets the water off and the bathroom and myself are drenched. I try to make light of the whole thing, but my husband is totally embarrassed. He picks up the jet heads and goes down to the office and explains to them what had happened. The woman behind the counter looks up at him and states "Gee, that is too bad. Well, we won't charge you for the room." It was not a compassionate voice or even a voice that held any concern. They did not offer another room only not to charge us, we were told to just leave the mess and all the parts in the room. Of course I had already cleaned up the mess and found out while doing that, the jacuzzi had several huge cracks in it. the electrical sockets did not work. And all the while a small dog across the hallway is constantly barking. I would not recommend this place to a homeless person to stay in!!!!! It is a mess and they do not care!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've stayed here 3 times over the past year or so and just booked another trip for business. Location is great and from the little interaction I've had with staff - they were friendly.

The pictures of the property show you what you'll get. It's far from luxury - the carpet does need to be replaced and the chairs etc aren't exactly my taste, but I go there to sleep and that's about it. The bathrooms are rather large with is great. Love that there are mini fridges in the rooms, a Trader Joe's and various other places to eat at just a block away. The grounds are well kept too.

All in all it's fine. Nothing spectacular.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank brymw
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I'm not sure what the deal is with the last several reviews. This hotel,is--yes--old. And yes the carpet really should be replaced. Some of the furniture is a bit shabby. But it is in a really great location, right next to downtown Campbell, it has a great free breakfast, and it is quite reasonably priced compared to others in the neighborhood. The beds were comfortable and the bedding actually looked new. The bathroom was scrupulously clean. There is some traffic noise, but otherwise it was quiet the night I stayed there. And it's age, I thought, actually gives it a certain charm.
Was torn between giving it rating of 3 or 4, but gave it the 4 to help counteract the last few negative reviews. This hotel is definitely not the "worst hotel ever," or a "nightmare." I have traveled the world, and have seen such places. This is not it.
I will return.