“Good value, clean, hot breakfast”
Review of Campbell Inn

Campbell Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
oregon
“Good value, clean, hot breakfast”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Campbell Inn probably 8-10 times when traveling to the area for work. The hotel is clean, a great value for the money, and super conveniently located right near downtown Campbell shops and restaurants, and close to the freeway. And I mean CLOSE to the freeway - you can hear some traffic hum in some rooms, which doesn't bother me much, but you should consider bringing ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.

Every room I've stayed in has had a very large bathroom and clean bed & linens. The reason I give the Campbell Inn a mediocre rating is because it very badly needs updating. The furniture (not including the beds) is really old and worn out (arm chair, desk chair, desk, tube TVs) and the decor is very dated. The green and pink walls are an odd choice. Most of all, the carpet is obviously really old and not nice at all. I keep my socks on in the room! A fresh coat of paint and new carpet would do wonders for this hotel. I would definitely pay $20 more per night if the hotel would make these updates - it would still be cheaper than the alternatives!

The wireless is OK, not great. Hot breakfast is a great addition, although the hotel clearly doesn't care about sustainability with ONLY styrofoam plates & cups and plastic forks. (And they wash the towels every day, which to me is pointless and wasteful.) The outside grounds are really well kept and the staff is friendly. Overall, a great value if you aren't picky. I am personally trying to find another hotel for my frequent trips to the area, and hope that the Campbell Inn will invest in some needed updates soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Omaha
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed all week. What a great value for the area, i was surprised to find the Los Gatos trail right on the edge of the property. this is a popular running, jogging, biking, hiking, family trail dotted with parks and wood-paved bridges. I did not have to cross any streets and I could stop at Pruneyard to shop for just about everything. it's easy to access from San Jose airport.

Being practically under the highway makes it a little noisy and yes the rooms are a little outdated but the price matches the value.

Room Tip: My room was cool and quiet - it was upper floor and faced the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tracy,CA
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel is very convienient to the Puneyard for restuarants etc.
The hotel is old and the decor and furniture back this up. I asked for a top floor room and the from t desk staff gave me a choice of room, pointing out the pros and cons of each e.g. small bathroom, close to elavators, no-one next door etc.
My room had no towels, they were quickly delivered by the front desk and the pillowson the bed were in dissarray and creased (look like they had been used and not put back correctly)
I wear ear plugs when I stay in hotel rooms to keep it quiet for sleeping and even though its right next to the freeway it was still fairly quiet without them.
My room had no bath but half of the bathroom was converted to a huge shower, literally 4ft x 7ft with fresh tile etc but the fittings were old, like everything else in the room / hotel.
Breakfast was plentiful, continental and cooked both on offer, tasted good but the breakfast room was stiffling hot (even at 6am) so you didn't want to linger too long.
For one night it was ok and I'd stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 30, 2013

GM made stay horrible. Rude, mean spirited. Not recommended.Very nice location in heart of Campbell, recptionist was cheerful and enthusiastic ( hard to imagine she will stay here long as her manager is a withc)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jerryshoptaugh

Travelers are raving about these Campbell hotels

Reviewed July 29, 2013

After staying at several privately owned motels on our way up the west coast, I didn't expect much when we arrived at the Campbell Inn, however, I was pleasantly surprised. It was probably the best value we had found so far. It is very neat and clean, the rooms had all the modern amenities such as: coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator, ironing board and iron, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It even had an elevator which we had not seen at most of the older motels. If there was anything lacking, it would be no flat screen TVs and no laundry. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Blaine, Washington, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at the Campbell Inn for one night and were pleasantly surprised. The price was $112 for two queen-size beds, and we were upstairs almost above the breakfast dining room. Inspite of the fact that it was next to a busy freeway (HIghway 17), it was very quiet. The beds were wonderful, and the room was quite roomy. There were two washstands one in the bathroom and the other outside the bathroom so my husband could do whatever at his and I had mine - plenty of room for our cosmetics, toothbrush, etc.. The pool area was nice-fenced in, and nice landscaping throughout. The greatest bonus was the wonderful complementary breakfast which included eggs, bacon, sausages, potatoes, an assortment of fruit, cereal, sweet rolls, tea, coffee, chocolate, orange juice and maybe some other juices, and perhaps items I have forgotten. I gave it VERY GOOD because it could use a bit of paint and the carpets look like they needed cleaning. The women at the desk were very nice and told me that they had given us this quiet room after I called and asked for one. I wrote this before reading the other ratings and can't believe that people were sooo negative about this hotel.

Room Tip: Just ask for one that is quiet, but most of the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Car0l416
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Filthy swimming pool, my room shared a door with next room, I could hear everything people from next room said. I changed a room and found whole bunch of bees flying in it. I tried to cancel my booking through expedia.com but the hotel people tole expedia the swimming pool water was very clean and there were people swimming in it. There were none people swimming in it! They were lying.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple