“Excellent Hotel Staff”
Review of Campbell Inn

Campbell Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Actually I did not stay at this hotel, but booked a room through Hotels.and then due to a change in plans called the hotel to cancel it. Then I realized 2 months later that I hadn't been refunded, I called the hotel and spoke with Matt. He was very helpful and professional and put my mind at ease. He helped me work through dealing with Hotels.com to get my refund.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Sitting at airport waiting for my flight home. Have plenty of time to do nothing so I thought I'd write a review.

Spent 4 nights at Campbell Inn.

The location was excellent. Very close to where I needed to be for business this week. Close to Pruneyard area. Lots of shopping and many places to eat very close to hotel.

I found the staff for the most part to be very helpful. Had a couple issues with room that were handled promptly and courteously.

As for the room itself, it's a room. What I mean is: it has a bed, television and a bathroom. Sometimes when traveling that's all I require.

The furnishings are dated as some other reviewers have mentioned. Since I was working all day and just returning to room to sleep, this wasn't an issue.

That said, the rooms are functional. If you prefer something more modern or upscale, you should look elsewhere.

Wifi was very spotty. Had a hard time getting a good signal.

Did not have an opportunity to sample the breakfast. Heard good things about it.

Not being familiar with San Jose, I booked this place on recommendation from a friend who lives in area. I felt the price paid was a little high for what I got as far as room quality.

Pool area looked nice for an older hotel. I'm not a big pool guy so this didn't matter to me.

All in all, no complaints. Would probably stay again if I couldn't get a better deal at another area hotel.

Would love to give the place more stars but frankly, nothing really stood out. It's average in about every way imaginable.

It's a room. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We mostly prefer the Pruneyard Inn (just a block away) when we come to San Jose, but on our most recent trip they only had very expensive rooms available. This was a good, cheap option. Room was clean and quiet. No special amenities. The breakfast buffet was extensive but there's more perks at Pruneyard. But if you are looking for a decent place to lay down your head and don't want to pay too much, it's a good option.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were looking for an airport hotel in San Jose for a one-nighter, but all the classic airport hotels were expensive and had terrible TripAdvisor reviews. On a lark, I reserved at the Campbell Inn. I called the hotel on landing and they sent a proper van to pick us up at the airport, free of charge. The wait was shorter than for most airport hotel shuttle buses. The room was comfortable and everything worked. The staff is wonderful; you feel like it's a family owned and run hotel. And yes, the free breakfast is quite filling. Although the hotel is near a freeway, I found the room to be quiet. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is an excellent motel. The breakfast buffet alone is worth the stay. Very extensive food offerings and the eggs are so fresh you could swear you can hear the cackles. Staff is very service oriented and helpful beyond belief in this day and age. Within walking distance to lots of restaurants and other businesses is a big plus. Plus it is close to public transportation if that is what you need. If we visit again for next Atari reunion, this is where we will stay. Can't be beat for clealiness, location, staff and that BREAKFAST!!

Room Tip: We were close to the front but heard NO traffic at all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We drove from Vegas and had become tired so pulled into Campbell to find a bed on a Friday night. The first 2 hotels we tried were full but Campbell Inn said they had one suite left but wanted $180 for it. Being desperate for a bed we agreed. The room was really a studio at best with a large bathroom containing a huge spa bath with shower over, a toilet and a basin. No place to put toiletries etc. The next space where you entered the room contained a kitchenette with microwave, coffee machine but no fridge. Also had a sink which doubled as the bathroom basin. The last section of space contained the bed, TV and a couch. There was one tiny window which meant the room was dark and abit dingy. It would have been worth $70 but no more. Still we were desparate and agreed. There was a good breakfast buffet included which made the huge cost a little easier to bear.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Nice clean room. Great Breakfast. Next to freeway, but not very noisy.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbell
Larkspur Landing Campbell
TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell
Valley Inn
Valley Inn
#50 of 75 in San Jose

Been to Campbell Inn? Share your experiences!