“This hotel does not keep its committments” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
Campbell, United States
“This hotel does not keep its committments”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I just completed my fourth stay at this hotel. I am a consultant, contracted to a county facility. The facility had a contracted rate with the hotel, and I as a consultant could not exceed that. I made four reservations covering four week, and requested the same room which was agreed to. On my fourth stay, I arrived at 5 pm to be told that the hotel would no longer agree to the contracted rate, and would not give me my same room. They made no effort to contact me ahead of time although they did have my information. After an extremely unpleasant exchange, they did give me my rate and room. I fail to understand how this could occur. Even though I will be returning to the area at least a dozen times over this rest of this year, I will not stay at this hotel, despite its convenience.

1 Thank Adriana V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Hanford, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Excellent place to unwind. Very close driving distance to Winchester House and Santana Row. The location of this place is on a shopping center near Buca Di Beppo and a great Brewery. The room was clean, organized and big. The pool was slightly small but the outdoor firepit made up for it.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Lovely facility. Has stayed there a few times. Liked that everything was close by.Enjoyed the environment and enjoyed the nightclub and thr restaurant. The staff was very good. Will stay there again no doubt

Springfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel before, since it is right near an ill family member I visit. Although the staff is very friendly and polite, what was frustrating is that it doesn't allow you to book adjoining rooms on line, and it doesn't tell you that in order to get adjoining rooms you have to book a king & a queen. I didn't know this until I called to check, and by then the king was not available. Even though they said they put it on "a high priority" nothing changed when we got there. Not great if you're traveling as a family. In fact, one room wasn't even ready by 5.30 PM. Pretty disappointing. No adjustment of any kind was offered. One thing to note is it is worth getting breakfast included, as it is an outstanding spread - delicious fresh orange juice, fresh eggs, quiche, turkey sausage, yummy homemade muffins, etc. - better than any restaurant you could go to. The location is in a shopping mall, very convenient. The hotel is clean, and the staff is very nice.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RachelL58
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I travel a lot and stay at dozens of hotels through the course of a year. As a result, I've come up with my own rating scale of things that are important to me. They include:

- Friendliness of Staff
- Free Wifi
- Showerhead Height
- Assortment of pillows
- Free breakfast
- Comfort and Cleanliness
- Location
- Overall Experience / Wow Factor

This hotel rates a 3.44 out of 5 on my rating scale. Some of the good things about this property:

1. Location. It's a block from the office where I was meeting, right next to the Pruneyard, and has a great brewery just next door.

2. Free Wifi. Believe it or not, but some hotels don't offer free wifi. This one does.

3. Bed. A nice selection of pillows and a comfortable bed.

Some of the not-so-good:

1. Shower Head. The shower head was way too low for comfort. I'm six feet tall, and the head was set at around 5'8" which means I had to duck to get my head in the water. A minor irritant, but one that is important.

2. No Free Breakfast.

Overall, this hotel rates an Average. It's clean, the beds are comfortable, but the small things that make a hotel really stand out from the rest were missing.

2 Thank Steve H
Maricela L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Mr. Steve H,

We appreciate your feedback. We work for a continues improvement every day and we will certainly keep in mind on what's important to guests like you. Specially the overall experience. We are reviewing your list and will bring this up to our CARE comittee and come up with solutions that will make a difference during your future stays. Thank you!
Boulder, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was a great place to transition on our road trip down why 101. Nice rooms and the beds were so comfortable! We had a wonderful night's rest before our trip! Very convenient location to the airport

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Dee Dee P,

We value your feedback! and we are glad that you had a good night sleep on our comfortable beds! they have been recently upgraded to our signature Hilton brand. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

staff said the pool was warm, it was cold. Buffet breakfast not part of price. Way over priced. The beds are hard as a rock. If you want to buffet breakfast you have to pay extra,which would leave you paying $200.00 dollars or more. The location is great for going out to eat or if you need something. I recommend staying at a Hilton not Doubletree by Hilton. Very disappointing. We will not be giving Doubletree our business.

1 Thank 491katien
Dear 491katien,

We value your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good night sleep. Our beds have been recently upgraded to our signature Hilton brand. We will certainly look on ways how we can improve your experience in the future. I would also like to mention that our pool is heated and this might not have been set with the correct temperature at the time and for that please accept my apologies. Should you plan to stay with us in the future, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to make your future accomodations. My direct line is 408-559-4300- Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbell
Larkspur Landing Campbell
#8 of 9 in Campbell
Toll House Hotel
Toll House Hotel
#1 of 6 in Los Gatos

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza? Share your experiences!