“GREAT place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
oregon
“GREAT place to stay!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I grew up in the Bay Area and have to frequently return to visit family. I have tried many hotels around this location and I have to say this was hands down the best place. It was quiet! I was on the first floor and didn't hear one plane land or the freeway which is not too far away. I did hear some of my neighbors and people out at the pool but by 10pm this was quieted down. The cell reception in my room sucked but free internet. The beds were SO comfy I slept great! I loved the kitchenette in my room which was an added surprise. My room was spacious and clean. The only downside was the showerhead needed updating. The breakfast was good - attendings were very friendly and even gave me a brown bag to take it with me when I couldn't stay to eat. I would definetely return again!! Highly recommended - clean, large, quiet rooms, free parking, right in a shopping center with good places to eat and a Trader Joe's. Cannot be beat!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Central CA coast
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel was very nice, even though they said they were going through renovations. I didn't experience and noise from it. Very close to several good restaurants, and shopping, within walking distance. Good breakfast buffet. I was there for a meeting and the meeting room was very nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dressagetrainer
Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay in the Campbell area! It is very close to downtown Campbell, where there are lots of shops and bars to enjoy. Emily at the desk was cheerful and friendly, and all of the staff was helpful. The rooms were pretty decent quality, except it seemed as if the walls were a bit thin. I could hear the people in the room next to me listening to music. Overall the stay was enjoyable and I would return again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jay M
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Complimentary Breakfast, Free Parking, big rooms, CLEAN bathrooms, and welcoming service. Would stay at this location again. We booked this through a third party site and did not know which hotel we were getting until, it was finalized. As we were traveling down the coast, we needed hotel room last minute as we did not know where we would be by the end of the night.

This hotel is also in a prime location, lots of shops, restaurants, and even a movie theatre within walking distance. Trader Joes just around the corner to stock up on snacks before the roadtrip continues. The hospitality staff was super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed three nights recently as this is one of the preferred hotels for my company based in San Jose. The room was comfortable, the breakfast yummy, the parking easy, freeway access is easy, and being part of the Pruneyard Plaza meant many choices for dinner without having to drive. Especially liked having Trader Joes right there for other meal options and snacks. For business travelers, the internet service worked fine and breakfast starts early. I will stay here again, in fact I've already reserved a couple nights for this month.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed several nights here in March and it was great. The first thing that caught my attention as we walked in was the fireplace which radiated a comforting feeling of arriving to our destination despite the wet weather outside. We were greeted by the front desk and check in was easy. Upon the advise of reading earlier reviews, we requested a room far away from the elevators, which we received, but a little far, especially after multiple trips. That is not at the fault of the hotel though, but it was a walk. The room was magnificent as we were on the top floor and had vaulted ceilings which made the room look bigger than what it already is. My girlfriend did not like that there was no lock on the sliding door to the restroom, but again, it was no big deal.

Staff was excellent! Shortly after settling into our room we heard a knock at the door and it was an individual from maintenance who was to change a bulb in the restroom that went out prior to us getting there and even knowing it went out. Upon leaving he saw that we still had a cart that we used to transport our bags and he obliged to take it back down to the main lobby. We really appreciated that.

The hotel is in a nice area very close to restaurants and businesses both within walking distance and a sort 5 minute drive. It is also conveniently located to the freeways for quicker access to neighboring cities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor with a vaulted ceiling.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern Illinois
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My family and I just returned home from a 9 day trip to California. We spent the last 4 nights at the Prune Yard Plaza Hotel. We had 3 rooms, as there were 7 of us. The rooms were very clean, the breakfast was enough to start your day, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is located right in the center of almost everything and is surrounded by stores, restaurants, ice cream parlors, etc. We flew home from the San Jose Airport which is a very short drive from the hotel. When we return to northern California we will definitely stay at the Prune Yard Plaza Hotel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thatsamore68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbell
Larkspur Landing Campbell
Bristol Hotel
#4 of 9 in Campbell
TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell
Hotel Valencia - Santana Row

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza? Share your experiences!