“Bad food I will never come back”
Review of El Burro

El Burro
Ranked #20 of 195 Restaurants in Campbell
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My straw was dirty I asked for another drink they gave me a nother straw it was dirty as well gross. I have never ever tried some bad food as this this food is straight disgusting I will never ever come back

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have trouble comprehending the many positive reviews this place garners. The only answer that makes sense to me is that the reviewers are all Anglos who just don't know what real Mexican flavors are.
The portions at El Burro are large, but the spicing is small. I would choose almost any tiny taqueria in a strip mall over this place anytime.
I would definitely NOT go back.

1  Thank CaliforniaFellow
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is what I refer to as basic Mexican slop. Some people like it but i am not impressed. I ordered the carne asada with a chili relleno and a margarita. With tax and tip my meal was $30. Seemed a little pricey for the quality of the food. The carne asada was tender but was as dry as toast. The chili relleno, rice, and beans were basic Mexican slop. The margarita left much to be desired as it was the typical bottled margarita mix with a scant shot of tequila tossed on top. I agree with another reviewer that the waiters are way too busy to make you feel welcome. If you want a great margarita and food with far more flavor try Consuelo Mexican Bistro. The margaritas are twice the price ($15!) but worth every penny. And the carnitas are great . . . try a chili relleno with carnitas!

2  Thank Pamela M
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been there several times over the last year, very casual atmosphere with indoor and outdoor seating. The food is varied and very delicious and the price is right. good service

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

went for a birthday celebration, we were crammed against a wall.once you were in you couldn't. leave. had to pull out chairs to get out. food all looked the same covered I'm cheese and a bland sauce. I had a tostado which I have had in california before but this one was mainly lettuce. I love Mexican food even bad Mexican food is better than no Mexican food bit this was just nondescript.