“Changed menu for the worse was "driven by corporate"” 3 of 5 bubbles

Patxi's Chicago Pizza
Ranked #29 of 182 Restaurants in Campbell
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Jose, California
“Changed menu for the worse was "driven by corporate"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

This *was* a nice upscale pizza restaurant - good wine, great pizza, nice atmosphere. The thin crust pizza was like something you might find in Europe. My last (and I mean last) meal there was really different - the thin crust pizza is now about 70% bread, I guess to appeal to people who want a ton of carbs. I asked about it and the staff said that it was a recent decision by "corporate" to change the style. The staff said that they had lost quite a few regulars over the change, but it wasn't their call. Too bad. This was a unique place.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank blairhankins33

Norcal
“Maybe a 3.5, Chicago STYLE pizza... style only, taste slightly lacking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We pre-ordered our 3 different pizzas by phone and arrived at the restaurant 30-40 minutes later.
Upon arrival, we were immediately seated and our pies were brought to the table after a very short wait.
The restaurant is clean and has several flat panel TVs for watching sports or other special events.
We had a non-dairy thin crust vegan pizza, a small pan pizza special (with a cornmeal crust) that had garlic-fennel sausage, fresh sliced mushrooms, green peppers, yellow onions and a Chicago Stuffed pie with artichoke hearts, spinach, olives, broccoli and mushrooms.
The tastes of the Chicago style pizzas were good but not great.... to compare these pies to Giordano's or Geno's East in Chicago is unfair, but for California, they will have to do......

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank lwj
Fleming Island, Florida
“Good Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Excellent crust, lots of cheese, and ample toppings of your choice. I was impressed with the Very pleasant service.

Visited November 2012
North Hills
“I'm waiting!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

It took almost an hour to get our pizzas. That is not a good first impression. I ordered a thin crust pepperoni with extra sauce and well done. My colleagues ordered a deep dish sausage and olive pie and a pepperoni and sausage thin crust. Then, when our server delivered them, mine was was not well done, nor did it have hardly any sauce. The deep dish pizza hardy had any sausage on it. Not the kind of pizza place I'm going back to.

1 Thank Robert L
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pizza, Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Was in town on business and called to order a pizza to go. I decided to pick it up since it was just around the corner from the hotel and I had other errands to run. Takes 35 to 40 minutes to cook the deep dish, I arrived a few minutes early and was offered a seat and something to drink while I waited. The staff was friendly and helpful.The deep dish "Matt Cain" was perfect, sausage and pepperoni. I will definitely be back when I return to Campbell, CA next month. Delicious!

• Visited October 2012