“Clean & comfortable hotel with good amenities for extended stay travelers”

Larkspur Landing Campbell
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas
“Clean & comfortable hotel with good amenities for extended stay travelers”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My sisters and I stayed for 10 nights while visiting family in Campbell. All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. We were origninally told that housekeeping would only come every other day due to our extended stay, but they actually serviced our room every day. The complimentary breakfast included cereal, oatmeal, juice, coffee, tea, milk, fresh fruit, bread and assorted pastries. We booked the 1 bedroom with a sofabed. I slept on the sofabed and found it to be very comfortable with the fluffy feather bed cover. The kitchen came in real handy and the housekeeper even ran the dishwasher for us. There's no food service except for the breakfast but several restaurants deliver and there's a Jack in the Box right next door or a Del Taco less than a block away. The only negative comment I could make is that there's no swimming pool and the jacuzzi is a joke. Its' extremely small fitting maybe 3 people and not very clean. Overall I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank travelingirlVegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Los Angeles CA USA
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed in the Larkspur in Renton, WA and love it there, and when I saw this one I booked it without hesitation. Javier, at the front desk, worked hard to find me a room on a fully booked weekend, but he did, and at a great price as well. When I arrived, he greeted me like an old friend and I saw that this Larkspur was also very attractive and nicely decorated.

The room was as expected - spotless, spacious and well equipped - full kitchen, huge desk for two with free wired and wireless internet, TV and DVD, and an iPod dock. WOW! the bed was very comfortable with a huge assortment of different pillows.

The rest of the staff was as kind and friendly as Javier. When I arrived back at around 2 am, there was not a single parking place. The night manager gave me HIS space! Great people there. Of course there are usually fresh cookies and fruit available, and vending machines for snacks.

OK - this sounds like a commercial - what's the downside?
1. The in-wall A/C unit turns completely on and off as it cycles. Noisy. Same for the refrigerator. If you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs as I always do.
2. There is no clock next to the bed! The iPod dock has one, and works as an alarm clock, but it is across the room next to the comfy reading chair. I suppose I could have moved it, but it was so perfect there.
3. The included breakfast is so-so - lots of carbs - bread, waffles, muffins, cereal, the only protein item was hard boiled eggs. The coffee is great, though. However, there is a Jack-In-The-Box next door for breakfast items, snacks, burgers etc. if you can handle the fast food.
4. No other restaurants within walking distance, but a huge variety within a short drive, along with Walgreen's and other shopping.

Will I stay there on my next visit? YOU BET!

Room Tip: All rooms are large, but if you can splurge for suite, you will feel like a king.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JonfromLA
Socal
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife, teenage daughter and I had two stays in this hotel, two weeks apart as we traveled from Socal to Oregon and back.

The first time through, we had a one bedroom unit with a queen bed and sofa fold out in the main room.. Room was nicely furnished and sported the full kitchen.

Second time, we had a larger one, with 2 queens in the bedroom and separate living and work space. Lots of room to spread out, which we liked. Our bed had a mattress with a bit of a center drop so not the best. Just luck of the draw, I guess. Full kitchen was helpful for us.

The breakfast was basic but enough to cover us with breads, sweets, packaged cereals. Workout room was pretty decent. The neighborhood is nice and close enough to food, etc. Easy parking. No pool but a small spa.

Overall, we enjoyed the stay and would choose Larkspur again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LAUGHLIN
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel is a little further out of the way than we like, but the amenities were worth it. The king suite has a separate bedroom that can be closed off. There's a full kitchen which was a surprise....we were just expecting the small refrigerator and microwave. Definately a place for extended stays. Huge bathroom with 2 sinks. Hotel staff very freindly and helpful. We've already decided that next time we visit we will consider this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, Ca
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was really surprised by this hotel. I stayed here for a wedding and I really wish I could have stayed longer! We had a suite- it had a full kitchen, a living room with a pullout couch and a separate bedroom. We had four people, so this gave us a little more privacy and breathing room than a room with 2 beds but was cheaper than 2 separate rooms. The bathrooms were nice. The bed was comfortable, and the couch bed was fine. The breakfast was over the top for free hotel breakfasts. There was an abundance of choices. I will definity stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This was truly a "revenge" for all other bad or mediocre places we ended up in while on this vacation. They upgraded us to an executive suite, but I'm sure regular room would've been fine by me too. Virtually everything was great, and details thought through. Helpful staff, just a great place to stay if you're in silicon valley for any reason.

Room Tip: Anywhere away from the elevator - its noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Farmington, Utah
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed at the Larkspur Landing for 2 weeks in May 2012. We were in a 1 bedroom suite and our son was happy sleeping on the couch in the front room.

The breakfast is healthy including oranges, bananas, apples, yogurt, juices, breads (waffles, wheat bread, english muffin, muffins), variety of cereals, string cheese, coffee, and hot cocoa. It's simple, but it works.

The staff is so friendly and very helpful. They have a hot tub outside that can fit 3-4 people. They have free DVD's to check out at the front desk and apples to take during the day and cookies at night.

There is a laundry facility on-site that is free. You just need your key card to enter. Make sure to bring your own laundry detergent/dryer sheets or you can purchase them in the laundry room.

The maid service has been great and the kitchen area was enough to sustain our needs for these last two weeks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbell
Bristol Hotel
TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell
Toll House Hotel
Toll House Hotel
#1 of 6 in Los Gatos

Been to Larkspur Landing Campbell? Share your experiences!